Charger Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Those of you who are considering swapping out their camshaft might be curious what other parts you are going to need to get the job done. These parts are recommended for those of you who are swapping the cam while keeping your stock heads.

These are Mopar factory parts! All prices collected from MakeItMopar.com and may vary slightly from your local dealer prices.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
does the 6.1 cam fit into a 5.7? and anyone have some first hand with it? est. gains hp/tq gains?

the way i see it tho.... the killer part of a cam is the install cost. not the came itself.

i would gladly pay 500 bucks for a badass aftermarket cam over a 100$ 6.1 cam(assuming the differences are noticeable) being that the install costs are gonna be identical, and thats where you get raped.

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
does the 6.1 cam fit into a 5.7? and anyone have some first hand with it? est. gains hp/tq gains?

the way i see it tho.... the killer part of a cam is the install cost. not the came itself.

i would gladly pay 500 bucks for a badass aftermarket cam over a 100$ 6.1 cam(assuming the differences are noticeable) being that the install costs are gonna be identical, and thats where you get raped.
The 6.1L Cam will fit, but gains are minimal.

You're thinking on the aftermarket cam is the same as mine. 402motoring.com has FRI's cams on sale this month - $380 plus shipping.

·
Registered
167 Posts
well elcobra44 why do you need all these part numbers are you planning something this weekend?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to wait until my warrenty is up before making a cam switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts