Charger Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am wonder how many guys have installed the Hellfire or Comp 268 cam in thier 5.7's.

What all was installed ( Headers, P&P Heads, TC, B&G etc )

and general thoughts on the combo.

-Robert

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
402 has a good write up on what is needed for the hellfire but other than that i cant help ya

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well i have a 268 cam sitting in my garage.through my resaerch it makes great power but the pcm dosent like as much so im waiting on my diablo tuner then ill procede.
parts list that i compiled
srt-8 exaust springs (everyone tells me to stayaway from comp spring)
srt-8 pushrods
srt-8 lifters
srt-8 retainers
Im doing it on my stock heads,Then ill take it from there

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blue sounds like you and I re on the same plan, only differnace is the Hellfire will play a bit nicer with the Stock PCM w/ Super Chips tuner until I get a custom tune done.

I am trying to work something out with the heads at this point, if I am going to have it torn apart for this might as well do the heads and MAYBE headers if the money fairy smile on me.

Keep me posted, I am hoping to have mine set up for Oct 20th

-R

·
Registered
23 Posts
With that kind of work in mind, do it right the first time and spend only once. Go with a stage three cam and heads. With stage 2 or 3, you still need headers, it's a whole lot less to put headers on when the heads are on a work bench.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Also, you get ported and polished with both stages. As for the money fairy, I'm still looking. She must be on a mustang forum, thats why their stuff is so cheap and easy to get.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I have Gibson Shorties on it now with High flows, if I change anything up I would be looking into Kooks or maybe the Moparsif I were to change.

The motor maybe back apart in the spring for some bigger things but for now I am on a limited budget as I am getting a hook on the Cam and Labor so I am in for consumables and a few other bits.

-Robert

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.