Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having fun with my 06RT but I want to increase its power without buying a new car. It will be a fun project seeing the change. I cant seem to find the right answers Im looking for, probably not searching the right terms. How many things have to be changed to upgrade the 5.7rt to 6.1srt other than the engine itself? The only other changes I found were the brakes and suspension.

I didnt want to just throw in a supercharger to be the able to keep up with an SRT thinking I can upgrade to SRT then throw in a supercharger to pass one. Would be kinda funny pulling up to a jeep srt8 with an rt thats fixed up to an srt and has 3.5l v6 badges on it

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Unless you got sum deep pockets it can be done, but your prob looking @ 10K.....alot of things have to be changed as you just can`t pop the hood and do the swap

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless you got sum deep pockets it can be done, but your prob looking @ 10K.....alot of things have to be changed as you just can`t pop the hood and do the swap
10k isnt an issue. theres a few shops here in MD that do alot of custom work and upgrades for racing. They said they were going to call me back next week to give me a time frame and estimate on some custom body work. Ill be asking them about this too.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
10k isnt an issue. theres a few shops here in MD that do alot of custom work and upgrades for racing. They said they were going to call me back next week to give me a time frame and estimate on some custom body work. Ill be asking them about this too.
Good for you bro....sounds like your gonna have a sweet ride. Goodluck with your project:beerchug: If your gonna go all out you might aswell do a brembo swap

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking around online trying to find somewhere that sells crates to start with, I found this http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/61LHemiEngines.asp

It says
Engine Fits: These LX Cars
2005 Chrysler 300 SRT8 / 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 / 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 / 2008 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 / 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 / 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8
2005 Dodge Magnum SRT8 / 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 / 2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 / 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8
Engine Fits: These WK Jeeps
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 / 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 / 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Engine Fits: These LC Jeeps
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 / 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Where can I find the right one? Im sure the shop Im going to for the install knows where to buy them but I want to look around.

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
Looking around online trying to find somewhere that sells crates to start with, I found this http://www.bouchillonperformance.com/61LHemiEngines.asp

It says
Engine Fits: These LX Cars
2005 Chrysler 300 SRT8 / 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 / 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 / 2008 Chrysler 300 SRT8
2006 Dodge Charger SRT8 / 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 / 2008 Dodge Charger SRT8
2005 Dodge Magnum SRT8 / 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT8 / 2007 Dodge Magnum SRT8 / 2008 Dodge Magnum SRT8
Engine Fits: These WK Jeeps
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 / 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 / 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Engine Fits: These LC Jeeps
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 / 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

Where can I find the right one? Im sure the shop Im going to for the install knows where to buy them but I want to look around.
If i was you man i would call Stu @ Inertia...i`m pretty sure he can get you a block for around 1k and then you can just build the thing and your set. You can`t go wrong with Inertia

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Why not just do a 392stroker??? with Stu's big valve heads??? or just do heads and a cam, you'll be faster and more power than a 6.1!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Why not just do a 392stroker??? with Stu's big valve heads??? or just do heads and a cam, you'll be faster and more power than a 6.1!!!!
i keep having the visions of coming up to the line next to an srt8 jeep. I want them to have the thought of a weaker stock car next to them and thn taking them out. But if i just do headers/cams i always know theres someone out there with the 6.1 with upgrades that will have me. idk... i think of a fully upgraded 5.7 vs a 6.1 supercharged.. enlighten me a bit, im new to owning a modded car

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i keep having the visions of coming up to the line next to an srt8 jeep. I want them to have the thought of a weaker stock car next to them and thn taking them out. But if i just do headers/cams i always know theres someone out there with the 6.1 with upgrades that will have me. idk... i think of a fully upgraded 5.7 vs a 6.1 supercharged.. enlighten me a bit, im new to owning a modded car
Well if your worried about a modded 6.1, I would say do a 392stroker, it's a 345(5.7) bored over, and then run heads and maybe the 6.1 intake, you'll be making high 400hp if not 500, maybe run the new KenneBell S/C.

what mods do you have done now??? what year is your charger?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the only performance mods I have now is a CF SRT hood and custom flowmaster setup. i was ready to go supercharged but i held off on that until i read about modded RTs would be around a stock SRT. Made me feel if im going to work on the car to keep up with a stock SRT, it wouldnt be worth it when i could just have an srt setup modded. selling this car and getting the srt is currently not an option but i believe i have the money to fix this RT up. Any help would be appreciated. :)

But is doing the headers/cams and supercharging makes a big impact over the 6.1, i would save the trouble and money of changing engines and mod something else to gain more power

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well if your leaning at a S/C I would do a 392 Stroker, so the bottom end is built to hold the boost!!! you'll beat all the SRTs with that set-up (stock, modded), but your going to spend about 10-15k , they say to play you've g to pay..

what state are you in?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
STS is making remote twin turbos that are supposed to have huge rw hp gains on a stock 5.7 on 5-6 psi boost. I'm kind of drooling over them.....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Well he is going with the Big Vlave heads and the SRTMAX for now!!!

It will be install in about 3-4 weeks by me!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts