Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can this stroker kit be done to a stock block?

Rotating Kits and Components
5.7 HEMI Stroker Kit (392 CID)<< Back

Fully balanced stroker kit to turn your 5.7 HEMI into a 392 CID powerhouse
Compstar crank
K1 Connecting rods
Mahle Pistons
Mahle Rings
ACL Rod Bearings
ACL Main Bearings
Fully balanced (internal). Components matched to 1 Gram
SKU: 5.7stroker

Price: $2395.00

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I'd assume you'd need some machine work done to it.. That isn't just a simple bolt on mod. :)
I think you are right.

Getting the 6.1 to 392 is just swapping the rotating assemblies, but for a 5.7 to 392 conversion you need to bore the cylinders... I think. :)

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
That is correct, you need a .020 overbore to fit the pistons and you would need to hand clearance the crank. We sell these kits as rotating assemblies or built shortblocks. We can also do a carrillo/JE rotating assembly as well.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is correct, you need a .020 overbore to fit the pistons and you would need to hand clearance the crank. We sell these kits as rotating assemblies or built shortblocks. We can also do a carrillo/JE rotating assembly as well.
I'm not familiar with the carrillo/JE feel free to enlighten me. How difficult is it to bore and how much will this cost estimated?? I would love to do this in the near future but wanna keep costs down to a minimum and i also want to keep the original block.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If I was going to drop that much money and expect that power in a shortblock, the block will need to get magnafluxed, machined with torque plates, possibly align honed if needed, and will most likely need to get clearanced for the rotating assembly. A good machinist isn't cheap either.

I don't know if anyone knows the general power capacity of the factory 5.7 blocks yet. I'd assume it's pretty decent though with the design, probably 500 or so.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I 've got a wee education in last couple weeks....

I am upgrading the internals of my 5.7 w/ Steel forged crank and stuff....all the MOPAR OEM replacement pistons need a 0.020 bore..... While you can get actual Stock Size replacement pistons in a forged, they cost almost 2-times as much as the off the shelf 0.020 over replacemnts....SO, it's cheaper to bore the block than get stock sized forged pistons....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts