Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are tehre any type of engine over lays that just cover the electircal stuff for the heads?
im looking into getting a strut tower bar, and some one was saying they dont fit with the engine cover on. i dont mind the intake manifold but all those wires look too unkempt for my taste and id like to cover em up.

i know ive seen one set some where but i cant seem to dig em up with the search function.

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I think the 6.1 does, covers just the valve covers, I think Dude?? You might PM someone withan SRT8?? Have a good day.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but im rolling in a 5.7. are the 6.1's the same length? and can you get them without the 6.1 written on them? i aint no poser!

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Don't know, I think I saw someone with the 6.1, all it had on it was HEMI.

·
Registered
507 Posts
talk to elcobra44. he bought the 6.1 covers and said he had to cut them alil to fit but i saw a pic and they look sick.

·
Registered
846 Posts
A few have installed the 6.1 covers, Some covered the 6.1 script with a plate saying something else... But Randysway is the best i've seen, he went all the way to shaving them down and painting it to match his mango...

U could jus shave them down and then paint all flat black again... With on the the HEMI parts silver as OEM, or maybe get Reflective concepts to make you a 5.7L Decal...

This is Randysway's last Thread, absolute R/T perfection...
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54289

He went all the way as to painting the intake manifold and installing 6.1 chrome rails...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice cobra. what did you use to paint on the 5.7? a stencil? decals?
did it require any fabbing or did it just fit right on? is the word "hemi" still raised with the "5.7L" flat? did it come in that black color?

sorry for the barrage of questions but this has been something ive been wanting to do for a while hehe.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Here are mine Dude

Cover almost everything and look daumn good to me.

Scott

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
on that thread, whatd you use to get the intake manifold lookin so sharp? it really pulls it out and makes it look beautiful?

did you have to polish the covers to smooth out the areas that you sanded? or did they come out looking as clean as the picture shows with the 2 of them before the vinyls

did you have to coat them with anything after the vinyls to protect from the heat or do they hold up well? alltho i may not even add vinyls to mine.

again, thanks youve really set me on the right path :D

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
on that thread, whatd you use to get the intake manifold lookin so sharp? it really pulls it out and makes it look beautiful?

did you have to polish the covers to smooth out the areas that you sanded? or did they come out looking as clean as the picture shows with the 2 of them before the vinyls

did you have to coat them with anything after the vinyls to protect from the heat or do they hold up well? alltho i may not even add vinyls to mine.

again, thanks youve really set me on the right path :D
I use a water based tire dressing available only from Perfect Auto Finish in Roselle, IL.. One quick wipe and everything pops. It's also safe...

All I did was prime, wet sand and paint with a flat black.. I photocopied the actual cover to get the lay out for the HEMI decals. Once they had the photocopy of the actual cover, it was easy to cut the vinyl to perfection.

They'll hold up just fine with the heat.. :)

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
badass man :) i appreciate it. ill keep yall posted when i get around to getting this and my tower sturt bar done!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Wasn't there a guy making these and selling them about a year ago? What happened to that guy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts