Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
raced one last night . stock auto car with factory 18s vs my 06 vanillla rt with high flow cats, super 40s no resos ,[email protected] cold air setup .0 to 80 challenger took me by 2 full car lenghs . these little cars really do go.ive read on their challenger forums mid 13 s all day long .i see now that its not all bs.i guess the extra hp and less weight plus better gearing really adds up. has anyone else raced one yet

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I havent raced anything yet :(

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Gearing makes a big difference, I'm thinking of 3:55 in my RT, that alone should take a few tenths off the quarter. Do you agree TB3767?

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
raced one last night . stock auto car with factory 18s vs my 06 vanillla rt with high flow cats, super 40s no resos ,[email protected] cold air setup .0 to 80 challenger took me by 2 full car lenghs . these little cars really do go.ive read on their challenger forums mid 13 s all day long .i see now that its not all bs.i guess the extra hp and less weight plus better gearing really adds up. has anyone else raced one yet
there's really no less weight...

2009 specs from the dodge site but i'm guessing an 06 RT is no different
charger RT - 4031
challenger RT - 4041
base curb weights with no options and a full tank of gas... add options and the weight goes up

·
Registered
856 Posts
raced what seemed to be stock one the other day 0-70 and i had a slight lead, i also have exhaust cai and predator tuner on my gomango. if i was stock he would of taken me.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
I raced a challenger srt8 awhile back and he had me by two and a half car lengths. I dont know if he was stock, but i had my heavyweights 22's on some it would have been a little closer if i had the stockers on. Now if it was a RT i would have got em. The only difference i have seen personaly between the srt and rt as far as racing, is the take off. LAMO the srt8 got like a 3 to 4 car length lead on me from the start, i made some time up between 50 mph to 80 mph. Stock vs Stock, the chally rt should win hads down, with the gearing and added horses.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thats what happened to me .once we go going he wasnt pulling me after 60. from a 50 roll we probably would have been even, plus my car was hot .he just pulled out of the neighborhood .heat makes a difference tn our cars esp in 100 degree texas.who knows .bye the way i have 20 inch clad daytona wheels

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I raced a challenger srt8 awhile back and he had me by two and a half car lengths. I dont know if he was stock, but i had my heavyweights 22's on some it would have been a little closer if i had the stockers on. Now if it was a RT i would have got em. The only difference i have seen personaly between the srt and rt as far as racing, is the take off. LAMO the srt8 got like a 3 to 4 car length lead on me from the start, i made some time up between 50 mph to 80 mph. Stock vs Stock, the chally rt should win hads down, with the gearing and added horses.
what kind of mods do you have... you have an RT right

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Challenger auto has a 3.06 rear axle, so there should be no real difference there. It has to be the greater hp of the '09 5.7.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well it was something .my car isnt a pooch it runs strong vs other 5.7 chargers ive ran up against.maybe it was a full moon lol

·
Registered
705 Posts
what kind of mods do you have... you have an RT right
Yeah i have a rt with the road n track package. I have no serious engine mods, just the usual( cai, exhaust, 180tstat, catch can, ported tb, diablo,mopar tcm)

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
The Challenger auto has a 3.06 rear axle, so there should be no real difference there. It has to be the greater hp of the '09 5.7.
The older rt rwd's only have a 2.82 gearing...so that would be another advantage to the challenger if they have 3.06

·
Registered
804 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have an 09 RT and it is much faster than my old 06 Daytona.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts