Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work yesterday morning I was approaching my regular 0-60 spot and I noticed that the outside temp was 33 degrees, quickly checked engine temp and it was at 170 .... I thought to myself "Perfect !",I pulled over and set-up EVIC for the 0-60 display, took a quick look at the then-best time of 5.42 and then shut off ESP using the dash button and took off.

I was rewarded with a new best time of 5.28 seconds, followed up by a run of 5.30 seconds ..... very happy I was when I saw those times, considering my car is AWD and probably approaching 4500 lbs with me in it. :D

Now the quest starts for under-5-second 0-60 times and under-14-sec 1/4-mile times ... Diablo will be ordered soon, then a 180-185 degree thermostat and whatever else I can get done for not too much money :lol:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Great Time, I would let some air out of the rear tires
for traction, then do it with esp off and maybe at night.
That is my plan when it gets back down in the cold temps again.

I told you all about the weather!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Uhm.... his car is AWD, no need to let the air out of the rear tires.....

Nice run:grin:

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
did u just stomp the gas or launch it at a certain rpm??? autostick or just drive?? thanks

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did u just stomp the gas or launch it at a certain rpm??? autostick or just drive?? thanks
I just stomped on it from a stop, no brake-torquing, and I let it shift itself .... I've never used Autostick when racing 0-60 or 1/4 mile ... :knockout:

Remember I have AWD so no tire spin was experienced, I did shut off the ESP just by using the dash button, so whatever that disables. It was too quick of a decission for me to do the key-turn trick to completely disable the ESP.

Plus, I like to know what my car can do without having to put it into special mode which may not always be a viable option.

·
Premium Member
28,730 Posts
I just stomped on it from a stop, no brake-torquing, and I let it shift itself .... I've never used Autostick when racing 0-60 or 1/4 mile ... :knockout:

Remember I have AWD so no tire spin was experienced, I did shut off the ESP just by using the dash button, so whatever that disables. It was too quick of a decission for me to do the key-turn trick to completely disable the ESP.

Plus, I like to know what my car can do without having to put it into special mode which may not always be a viable option.
sounds good... yeah i don't do the turn of the key mod really anymore after i heard a strange rubbing sound come from the back end... i know something didn't sound good and i heard some others have the same problem. i usually hold the esp button down until the idiot lights go out and then you hear the last ding... i heard that is suppose to be around 50% off...esp wise

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just got back from my weekly midnight 0-60 runs. The temp is finally getting cooler at 47 degrees.

I've been working on my launch, and the times keep inproving.

I do esp off with the dash button, autostick in 1st, rev to 1000 and then roll onto the gas. If I do it right I just barley chirp the tires. If I give it gas too fast I get crazy wheel spin.

I got a time of 5.32 and was really pleased (previous best was 5.60), and followed it up with a new best of 5.30.:rockon:

If it gets even colder as I'm sure it will, could my bone stock RT w/R&T possibly break the 5 sec barrier??? That may be too much to hope for, but we will see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts