Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Goals:

1) 1/4 mile car (beat a stock srt-8)
2) every-other day commuter (even winter)
3) no i.c.e.
4) not worried about fuel mileage

Plum Crazy purple, so I want to speed off before anyone recognizes me. :ninja:

Looking for suggestions, new to the r/t.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Good info I would go with what Gregj65 has posted, but I would look at different vendors and find out where you can get the most bang for your buck. Don't forget about the install labor prices, unless you will be doing by yourslef.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
first, what is i.c.e.? where have i been?

4k is gonna be hella tough to get to an srt with tbh ;/

but i would definately look at getting a stage 2 head/cam package along with the handheld diablo tuner(specifcally this one because it allows for custom tuning to go along with heavy mods to get every ounce of juice out of them)

since you have a daytona and may need every penny for the big guns... id suggest skipping on the CAI and Catback as the daytona edition gives a pretty solid package as is. (granted not quite what you can expect from the afore mentioned... but thats a minimum of 700 bucks you saved at the cost of maybe.. 15 rwhp, and thats being very generous in both cost and hp.) but the kooks headers(around 1500 bucks i think, maybe less, i think there are some smokin prices on em right now..they come with high flow cats btw) are really sweet for the strip too, and along with other heavy engine modification, they help move that exhaust like no bodies business.

give Andy a call over at power ported performance. ive talked to him some and hes an awesome guy who really knows his LX platform. they make a couple of really amazing packages. The guys over at HHP also offer a pretty kickass stage 2 combo for heads/cam as well. the heads/cam are the biggest boost in HP for the price... the killer on those is the install cost. if you gonna take the plunge on those, do it at the same time and save a huge ammount of money.

edit: kooks group buy. dono if its still going on, but these long tube headers are sworn by when it comes to dragging
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51754

there is a super long thread about long tubes vs shrot tubes. id say that the conclusion was, when it comes to spending time in your highest RPMs.. the long tubes will net you the most hp(the jba package is shorties) so if your gonna drop the bills, id suggest long tubes

5.7L performace section over at PPP
http://www.powerported.com/productDetails.asp?id=2&id2=11
these guys specialize in hemi's and really know there stuff, get ahold of Andy over there

·
Registered
928 Posts
I would agree, its gonna be hard to get faster than srt speeds with only 4k. well unless you do a 100 shot. heads and cam will do you well. along with the diablo.

I dont think kooks come with highflow cats, at least ive never seen them listed as coming with them.

you might pick up some new cats, like the JBA mid pipes, and tuna can exhaust. this will remove the most restriction possible from the system you have for the least ammount of money. *and save you 30+lbs*

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
i *think* all long tubes come with cats. maybe im incorrect. the jba catted midpipes will not fit onto any headers cept shorties and stock

·
Registered
282 Posts
According to the guy I talked to at PPP, he said that for around 3k he could get me 430 HP. That included heads and cam. I think it is definitely possible to get more power than an SRT8 with 4k.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
for 3k? holy bejeebus. out of just heads and a cam?! i dono too much about the stats on those 2 items... but hell, i know that them dudes at PPP are hemi masters so i know they make good product. like i said. hit up their phone :)

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
Dont forget to figure in labor to install these mods....yep, gonna take more than $4k to whup an SRT....ask my brother...he has an RT with heads, headers, B&G flash, etc....:smoke:

·
Registered
928 Posts
Yeah I dont know about that one, Im not sure how much HP a stage 3 cam and heads will add but I think the 3k would be without labor.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
the cams are around 500, another grand in labor. idk what heads are, but if u do em at the same time u prolly save around a grand in just labor

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
stock 5.7: 345hp
Heads/cam: $2399
Diablo: $350
Precision COnverter: $699
Total: $3450
Save up for install. This package will have you going just as fast if not faster than the SRT's. Mike stone has our stage 1 heads and runs 13.1's all day in his daytona on motor in the florida heat. Thats definitely srt territory with our stage one package.

·
Registered
928 Posts
yeah i knew that was without install =P

thats a sweet deal though......wish you guys were on the left coast. =( no one over here does this stuff.

·
Registered
928 Posts
yeah it will be a while before I get the guts to crack open the engine, thanks though. would be neat to go in and talk to people and see whats going on though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stock 5.7: 345hp
Heads/cam: $2399
Diablo: $350
Precision COnverter: $699
Total: $3450
Save up for install. This package will have you going just as fast if not faster than the SRT's. Mike stone has our stage 1 heads and runs 13.1's all day in his daytona on motor in the florida heat. Thats definitely srt territory with our stage one package.
hummm, I can always find a few k more...

Tell me more about stage 2. Or a link where I can research where my money will be going.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts