Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I used to exclusively run Michelin but in recent years their mileage claims don't even come close (for me) and the prices are more than I want to follow.

I tried General's G-MAX AS-05's but only got 15k miles, they are not higher priced, do very well in the rain & wet but flat spotted over night even in the summer which got old after a while, and would no longer balance well.

I do run a supercharger but avoid tire spin. I like decent tires and will experiment with budget rubber like the Generals mentioned above but am not into burn outs, lots of 0-60 or 1/8-1/4 mile trials until they have been warranty adjusted and the replacements are on order.
When I play I'm already moving and will chirp-em through a couple gears sometimes but avoid buying tires more often than I have to.

I have a couple buds that swear by the DWS-06 Conti's but do admit they are not very mpg and wear distance friendly, but they love and stick with them none the less.

The generals were purchased @Discout Tire and KUDOS shout out to them on the worry free warranty pro-rating into the PureContact LS set.

They balanced smooth as glass, are super quiet, ride very comfortably, and the Eco+ mpg improvement over the Generals is noticed at the pumps. Rolling resistance is better than the Generals at least.

I round trip daily drive 60 miles a day, 20 city, 40 Highway and am getting another day between fill ups. I don't know the mpg improvement number but don't drive for it either. I drive a little spirited so every day is a different mpg.

If you want sticky launching or track twisties tires these are not it. The do OK for me, they are a "Performance Touring" tire.
They handle the wet very well.
@4k miles that have 9/32 remaining. Seeing the 70k mile warranty did make me
eyeball it twice so make my day Continental.

I run BR9 brakes and will test them often and these tires do very well enough for a somewhat spirited driver.

These tires are no joke or slouch for those of us who don't drive like teenagers launching at every light and stop sign or type-a driving through the all turns. I have no complaints pushing these on interstate clover leaf bends.

Reactions: Nuwanda and Mantis

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks for the review Georgia PI.
What is your opinion on Discount Tire? They just started opening stores where I live.

·
Registered
2020 Charger Octane Red R/T Daytona
83 Posts
I'll second Discount Tire. Been doing business with them for many years. No complaints from me. Always great service and friendly staff.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are great here, a new store with the latest road force balancers and they work as a team in the shop not wasting time.
No cheesy animated sales BS.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
+1 on satisfaction with Discount Tire.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
275 Posts
We have DWS06's on our Audi S4 and they are remarkable all season tires. Coming from Summer Michelin's we didn't feel like we lost summer performance around corners or straight ling grip. In the rain they are top notch , haven't had enough snow to really say how good or bad they are in those conditions but everything we throw at them they do their job and earn their right to be purchased again.
I plan on putting them on the Scat pack.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You can get a better deal money wise at Costco on tires, usually $100-$125 less (Discount has lots of fees that add up quickly) but you CANNOT beat the service Discount Tires offers. Get a nail in your tire that can't be repaired, they get you a new one with no questions. They rotate & balance your tires for free, and they use the Road Force balancers. I have had them swap my Goodyear RS A2 tires on three different sets of rims and they always do a great job: I watched them put the tire on the rim, put it on the balancer and spin it by hand and rotate the tire on the rim to get the best balance. Then they take it off, put it in the cage and fill it up with air, then back to the balancer. I end up with very few weights on the wheels and a smooth vibration free ride

·
Registered
483 Posts
I watched them put the tire on the rim, put it on the balancer and spin it by hand and rotate the tire on the rim to get the best balance. Then they take it off, put it in the cage and fill it up with air, then back to the balancer. I end up with very few weights on the wheels and a smooth vibration free ride
That's the shit I want in a tire shop

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Glad those are working out for you. Too bad the discount tires in town here are incompetent liars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts