Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one replaced under warranty about 6 months ago (that dealership has since gone under) now I need both outer tie rods... pretty crappy. Anybody know where I can get some cheap?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
I had one replaced under warranty about 6 months ago (that dealership has since gone under) now I need both outer tie rods... pretty crappy. Anybody know where I can get some cheap?
When you do replace them, MAKE SURE you find ones with grease zerks!!

This is the problem with the sealed for life stuff they put on in the factory.

The idea is that it is better to have a sealed unit that isn't greasable than to have a grease zerk that noone greases.

The problem is that the sealed for life units are sealed for a very short life.

Get grease zerk ones from Moog etc and then grease them and they will last MUCH LONGER!!:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
How much do greased TR cost?

·
Vendor
10,366 Posts
How much do greased TR cost?
I just called NAPA and asked about a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T and the outer tie rod and inquired about the grease zerk or sealed for life.

He had one on the shelf and pulled it out of the box for me and said yes, it has a threaded hole where you would put a grease zerk.

$50.89 here in Sagamore Hills, OH.

Best 50.89 you ever spent having a grease zerk. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I just called NAPA and asked about a 2007 Dodge Charger R/T and the outer tie rod and inquired about the grease zerk or sealed for life.

He had one on the shelf and pulled it out of the box for me and said yes, it has a threaded hole where you would put a grease zerk.

$50.89 here in Sagamore Hills, OH.

Best 50.89 you ever spent having a grease zerk. :bigthumb:

Regards,
Brian
440-821-9040
Nice, I will be purchasing those!

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
I have 69K and 3yrs with my car..
How do I know if I needs these replace..
vibrating when braking. Especially from higher speeds. Did this since 10k. Brakes were fine.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I bought some OEM from MAC for 40$ for both outer tie rods... Probably trading it in come spring time.. so no sense in spending money I dont have to. I had to buy some rear break pads too... wonder what happened to those? :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts