1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
113 Posts
sounds good, but under heavy accelleration sounds kinda ricey to me(no offense)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None taken. I was unsure how it would sound. I ordered it through a "vendor" that I deal with everyday, long story short it was a FREEBIE brand new in the box. I got to install it myself, "ok rookie bead" on the weld, but it is sealed. I'm gonna let "wear in" and see how it sounds. I'm not looking to be ricey! I have "raised white letters" on the Goodyears'.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Pretty ingenuitive!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't know what you smoking, but that sounds good to me doesnt sound like rice at all
Just my .02 man... Could just be the video. But it sounds like it pops a lot just like the ricers do. Maybe its resonators?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been playing back on a computer with a subwoofer, if you don't have one your missing the low end TRUST ME! Keep that in mind. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That could deffinitely be what it is... I know my bands music that I have here on my laptop sounds like crap. Probably the same thing here.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I too hear some popped rice in there at higher RMP. I wonder how the 50 series SUV flowmasters might sound in an RT setup on a 3.5L? I do like the Flowmaster sound prior to the start of the rice.

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Doesn't sound rice to me, I think(oh no) what ppl are takin as rice, is the runner valve switching at the higher rpm's....sounds good to me......IMO....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think Flomasters are a better fit for V8's, just doesn't sound right to me on our V6's. I have Flomaster Super 44's on my 73' Charger with a 383 big block and it sounds like it belongs on a Nascar track, just awesome. On my V6 late model charger I have the not very much talked about dynomax system and it sounds perfect to me, I think alot of people overlook Dynomax. Unfortunately we will never be able to make a 6 cyl sound like an 8 cyl. Props to the camara setup! I would like to put that on the back of my 73.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Flowmaster recommended 50 series suv which is a three chambered muffler for V6. I think it would be too quiet you could get the 50 series delta flow. But i don't think its worth to change if you already got what you got its never going to be perfect. That's why i haven't switched my 44's out yet. I'll just wait to see what it sounds like when i order headers and cams.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i think it sounds good also. i love my super 40s

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Just my .02 man... Could just be the video. But it sounds like it pops a lot just like the ricers do. Maybe its resonators?
resonators TAKE OUT high pitched tones. they also reduce the "pop" noise one can hear, which is just fuel burning off after a rev....

a resonator is nothing more than a smaller muffler, so it reduces sound.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts