Charger Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
2013 R/T
2,830 Posts
Yall couldve simply just kept scrolling and not have taken the time out to say anything
THIS ^ is exactly what I do. I do succumb sometimes when inquiry's are made without year model and trim are not submitted.

Reactions: N8ECH

· Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,230 Posts
One of our members that does not post anymore has a 440 in her 2007 Daytona. It can be done.
Like Arrington 440 3G stroker hemi or an actual good old Mopar RB 440?

I don't know what everyone in this thread is on about.

While I've never seen a V6 to V8 swap in all my years on this forum I've seen many V8 to bigger V8 swaps. I personally know at least 4 people that put bigger V8s in cars that came with the 5.7.
I think some missed the the whole "5.7 to 6.4 within the same years and engine family" part lol

· Registered
8,237 Posts
Like Arrington 440 3G stroker hemi or an actual good old Mopar RB 440?

I think some missed the the whole "5.7 to 6.4 within the same years and engine family" part lol
Personally, seems like a LOT less effort to simply stroke the engine you've got if you already have a 5.7L and if that's not enough, you can throw a blower on....all without all the PITA wiring/pcm nonsense. Just a good tune needed.

392 HEMI 5.7L Based Stroker Kits by Modern Muscle Performance

Best,

· Registered
5,665 Posts
I read his post and understood it, and my initial post I think was fairly lighthearted and there was no hating, I just mentioned that a simple search will provide dozens of threads on the same topic. All threads I was referring to were 5.7 to 6.4 swaps and not 6 cylinders.

If he does it, great, but similar to the guy posting about his Fast and Furious Charger for sale, this will be nothing more than a post or two then ghosting.

Everyone used to get wound up over Brian and his oil threads, but even with the arguing there was some substance. There's numerous wheel and tire threads as well, but often times with different offsets and tire manufactures there is something to be said.

The swap threads are a constant. Search here, do a Google search, or the most beneficial is a YouTube search and you will easily find what you need.

· Registered
3,272 Posts
If people took the time to read and search stuff their selves rather then asking the same questions 10000000x. Super simple. People this day and age google everything and here no one does. If you’re gonna get your panties in a bunch we can see why youre a beta. Find your safe space. It’s amazing how people get so offended. Jesus Christ.

· Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,230 Posts
Mopar People are such Jerks! I'm am only Here for the amusement in how they treat their fellow Enthusiasts what A-Holes! No Question should be a means of way to Belittle a person!
Then buckle up, scooter.....did you seriously join just to have this garbage :poop: as your first post? 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
I appreciate the input from everyone that was helpful and for everyone complaining about me posting the question, yall couldve simply just kept scrolling and not have taken the time out to say anything
Wilson, you came to the wrong site for help with this one. The Challenger Talk forum is full of modifications and are more forgiving with newbie first posts.

So far you have bad lifters and cam. What other damage was done? Did you get an estimate for the work to replace just the cam and lifters? Most likely it is going to be cheaper to just get the new cam and lifters installed if there was no other damage.

If you are set on the 6.4L engine the crate engine can be purchased for around $8000. Figure another $2200 for install, fluids and tune. This will give you all "brand new sensors" and your accessories will transfer over.

The 5.7L Crate engine with new sensors will run around $5500. Again, another $2200 for install, fluids and tune.

A performance short block is going to cost you about the same as a new factory 5.7L crate, however, with the performance short block you will need your heads re-worked, new springs, pushrods and it usually does not come with a performance cam and limiter. That is extra. Here is a site for the crate engines.

With 130,000 on the clock, IMO it would be best to just fix the damage done if less than $4000

· Registered
2021 Scat Pack Charger, Plus Group, Nav. And Travel Package. Traded from 2016 Camaro 2SS.
71 Posts
I appreciate the input from everyone that was helpful and for everyone complaining about me posting the question, yall couldve simply just kept scrolling and not have taken the time out to say anything
i must say, you'd be pretty easy to ignore by anyone taking offense to your question. so when someone takes the time and effort to criticize you on this -- and know that i risk souring like dang hippie here -- they are really just venting their own negative energy. probably, like i just did! ha.

· Registered
4 Posts
Sure you can, but is it cost efective. Junk yard 392? Then consider you probably need the transmission too to handle the extra power. Also, your rear axles, can they handle the power.
Computer would need to be changed too and flashed with your milage.
What if I have a wrecked 2021 Scatpack can I just used all of that in a 2016 pursuit with a 5.7

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
The pursuit has the same HP70 transmission as the 2021 ScatPack. You can bolt the ScatPack engine/trans right into your 2016 Pursuit but you will need a tune after the install. If wrecked, make sure the engine/trans are in good running condition before attempting this swap. But pretty easy to do when dropping both at the same time.

Contact Sean at Hemifever.com for a tune.

The 6.4L Intake Manifold will not work unless you do the modification so the short runner kicks in at 4800 rpms. Some have stated that there is a tune for this also but I have never seen one that works. All the Challengers on the Challenger Talk forum that do the 6.4L intake manifold swap to the 5.7L end up doing the wiring using the MSD switch/circuit boss. Lots of wiring but easy to do.

If you do the swap and need instructions to get the intake manifold to work just PM me. I have the part numbers and instructions for the wiring in a step by step writeup.

Good find getting a 2021 Scat with only 15K on the ODO. to put into the Pursuit! Post results after complete

· Registered
4 Posts
The pursuit has the same HP70 transmission as the 2021 ScatPack. You can bolt the ScatPack engine/trans right into your 2016 Pursuit but you will need a tune after the install. If wrecked, make sure the engine/trans are in good running condition before attempting this swap. But pretty easy to do when dropping both at the same time.

The 6.4L Intake Manifold will not work unless you do the modification so the short runner kicks in at 4800 rpms. Some have stated that there is a tune for this also but I have never seen one that works. All the Challengers on the Challenger Talk forum that do the 6.4L intake manifold swap to the 5.7L end up doing the wiring using the MSD switch/circuit boss. Lots of wiring but easy to do.

If you do the swap and need instructions to get the intake manifold to work just PM me. I have the part numbers and instructions for the wiring in a step by step writeup.

Good find getting a 2021 Scat with only 15K on the ODO. to put into the Pursuit! Post results after complete
I have it already was going to sell engine but have a chance to buy 2016 with a 5.7 needing a engine

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
You may just luck out and get a 2016 pursuit 5.7L that had a lifter failure that took out the cam. Quite a few in those years with the problem. Lots of Idle time. Good Luck

· Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,345 Posts

Pursuits until 2021 still had the 5 speed NAG1.

Reactions: tacamo01

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Did not know this, thanks, I thought all 2015 and up got the 8 speed. Wonder why they went with the NAG1

· Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,345 Posts
Did not know this, thanks, I thought all 2015 and up got the 8 speed. Wonder why they went with the NAG1
My guess is two things.

NAG1 was proven to handle.

And Column Shift to work with the fully electronic 8 speed required more work then wanted to spend on just yet. (or contract suppliers for X amount of units or something)

Reactions: tacamo01
21 - 39 of 39 Posts