Charger Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
See thread in General Discussion.
392 Stage kits are likely dead (bmason) and no Hellcat/Redeye/Jailbaked owners have gotten their kit install (yet).

EPA and CARB I believe is the hold up. Don’t hold your breath.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
2,045 Posts
All my years of being into cars , I have always modified my car I take to the Dragstrip. But I never owned a stock car with just putting a set of Drag Radials on pull a 11.9 in the 1/4 mile. When I pulled that number a few months ago, I thought "OK , I did it, I got the car to get into the 11's stock with just a tire, not a really good tire at that. The Nexen Drag Radials are a bit fussy to get down the track, they don't completely handle the amount of torque and NON weight transfer our Chargers have. BUT with some drivers skill, it is very possible to get them to hook.

I did the cold Air intake system change with disappointment . I had a JLT as as cool as it looked and how nice it sounded, I didn't seem to get any ET out of it . I did my best pass with a factory setup with a drop in Hellcat factory filter. And with all the talk about how maxed out the 392 already is, why waste money on upgrades that don't help lower the ET? The exhaust is SRT and can handle 1000 HP from what I'm told so no reason to change any of that. I also love the way it sounds and think it's a waste of money just to make it louder or different with no ET improvement.
Throttle body Headers etc all make such small gains I'm not sure it's really worth doing.

Keeping it all stock does have advantages , no warranty issues , it's already pretty fast , I don't have to spend any money on it and I can take it to the dragstrip and have a ton of fun. With the Nexen drag radials, it makes it a challenge every run. If I mess up , I'm right back into the low 12's. I perfect run yields a 11 second pass and I think I can stay happy with that.

I'm gonna go to the drag strip one last time this year, the weather is cooler so I might be able to pull .1 or .2 more out of it yielding a 11.8 or a 11.7. Thats the new challenge full weight no mods just tires .

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I’m going green and adding a Flex Fuel setup. No PCM changes and I can run off e85, mixed gas/e85, or white lightening.

Spoke to Diablo. There are no pending CARB 50-state tunes for late model 392s 2015+ because the locked PCM constitutes an emissions modification. FCA/Dodge screwed you.

If you live in a CARB-o-nated state there will be no legal tunes forthcoming for them. Your only option legally is a Hellcat. We’ll all be CARBed soon enough.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts