1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
998 Posts
Fire breathing bad ass goodness for almost 17k..wow..

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Too bad it won't work in an LX. SRT already stated that there's no way for the LX computer to talk to this engine, they didn't think anyone would want to do it...

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have said this before that I think Mopar is stupid for not making the 392 a plug and play mod for the LX. All the hardware is already in production. It is just a matter of packaging and software.

They don't offer a warranty on any of thier products anyway. They could easily void the driveline warranty on any car with the mod.

I would think if they sold just a few hundred or even less they would recoup the software and marketting costs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Sure If We Can Fit Those Babies Under Hood But Anyway I'm Really Proud That Old Skool Is Back, In The 50's And 60's You Basicly Build Your Car In The Factory Before Touch The Streets, You Could Select Your Engine, Cams, Exaust Sistem, Etc
Yeap 16 K But Think About It, You Are The King

·
Registered
684 Posts
...... SRT already stated that there's no way for the LX computer to talk to this engine, they didn't think anyone would want to do it...
This is funny, because the information I have received totally contradicts this statement. We are actually working on gearing up an install in the very near future for an LX.

The $17 grand motor is the carbureted version, the EFI version is about a grand less

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO...FOR US, THE YOUNG GUYS PAYING 30K FOR OUR CARS ...CAIs AND LTs
FOR OUR OLDYS GRANDFATHERS ...BRAND NEW 900 HP SUPERROCKETS BECOUSE THEY PAID 4 0R 5 K BACK IN THE 60'S?

I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND WATH KIND OF MARKET IS THIS

·
Registered
167 Posts
just buy a 426 stroker from the hemishop i heard that they use eagle rods and pistons in that mopar motor.. they are not top of the line parts...
the hemishops 370 stroker put down 400 rwhp in a truck with 23% drivetrain lose
so thats 492 hp out of there smallest motor and its running a 12.0

·
Registered
338 Posts
That would be pretty cool, but I think I would almost rather have the 426 that one of the vendors here makes. That way I could have some retro style "426 C.I.D." decals on the hood that very few people would get.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Too bad it won't work in an LX. SRT already stated that there's no way for the LX computer to talk to this engine, they didn't think anyone would want to do it...

Theres always a way, look at what mopar did with the 426 drifting charger car, Dodge is just stubborn about releasing the codes...

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
ummmm, correct me if im wrong...
but....

i think the 426 wont fit under the r/t's hood. which is why there is the 392.

im almost positive that PPP's 426 is srt only and their 392 is for the r/t's. i assumed it applied everywhere.

is this correct?

·
Registered
684 Posts
just buy a 426 stroker from the hemishop i heard that they use eagle rods and pistons in that mopar motor.. they are not top of the line parts....................
Sorry I didn't see this sooner!

I would like to clarify something here regarding the Mopar Performance 392 Hemi. You have been misinformed about some of the components that are used in building the Mopar 392. I can ASSURE YOU that there are absolutely NO Eagle components in this engine. This motor was built using some extremely well designed components by certain manufacturers that will remain un-named by request from Mopar. These components were strictly manufactured in accordance to exceed the intended designed capabilities of this engine. The rotating assembly is much stronger than it needs to be, and this was done to extend the longevity of the engine. All this while keeping in mind that the durability and reliability of the engine to satisfy the most demanding user.

Here is some more data to keep in mind. The Mopar 392 crate motor in the EFI version is producing an advertised 525HP @ 6400 rpm's & 510ft-lbs of torque @5200 rpm's. These figures are based on a design that uses the factory stock bore of the 6.1L Hemi engine. So years later down the road after you purchased this beast, if you ever wanted to go back thru the motor you still have enough block left to bore the cylinders to increase the displacement. Also keep in mind that these are Mopar's advertised ratings, and as many of us know, Mopar under-rates thing such as this to protect themselfs. With that in mind, I would think that the engine produces even better results in my honest opinion.

ummmm, correct me if im wrong...
but....

i think the 426 wont fit under the r/t's hood. which is why there is the 392.

im almost positive that PPP's 426 is srt only and their 392 is for the r/t's. i assumed it applied everywhere.

is this correct?
No, this is not correct. The 426 is nothing more than a variant of the 6.1L Hemi. The 392 is a variant of the 5.7L Hemi. Mopar's 392 is based off of the 6.1L Hemi. All of these will fit under the hood of the R/T as well as the SRT.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
No, this is not correct. The 426 is nothing more than a variant of the 6.1L Hemi. The 392 is a variant of the 5.7L Hemi. Mopar's 392 is based off of the 6.1L Hemi. All of these will fit under the hood of the R/T as well as the SRT.
good to know, thanks ted!
question that im pretty confidant doesnt even need to be asked but jsut for curiousity...

is it safe to assume that these crate engines can stand up to large ammounts of boost? currently i know that no one is boosting over like 9psi in order to avoid cracking heads and break bottom ends on these stock engines. you mentioned something about the manufacturers parts they use are designed beyond the expectations from the engine. so that leads me to believe that you could blow massive ammounts of air into one of these beasts.

·
Registered
684 Posts
good to know, thanks ted!
question that im pretty confidant doesnt even need to be asked but jsut for curiousity...

is it safe to assume that these crate engines can stand up to large ammounts of boost? currently i know that no one is boosting over like 9psi in order to avoid cracking heads and break bottom ends on these stock engines. you mentioned something about the manufacturers parts they use are designed beyond the expectations from the engine. so that leads me to believe that you could blow massive ammounts of air into one of these beasts.
Well this is a very good question indeed. The bottom end is designed to exceed the expected power of the design, but the motor was not built as a boosted engine. We do know of someone who is working on rectifying this on the Mopar 392 though. The thing to keep in mind here is that the compression ratio is a bit on the high end for boosted applications, really a bit too high. The heads are held down by head bolts rather than studs, so this may be an area in need of upgrading for boosted applications that exceed 8-9psi. Based on the information we have received, I would feel fairly comfortable in the fact that the Mopar 392 lower end could handle more, but how much more I really do not know.

Here are some numbers related to capable horse power of some of the individual components inside the 392. Now these numbers are not set in stone, they are also a bit on the underated scale, but they should give a fair specification for comparison reasons.

Rods are rated to 650HP +
Block is rated to 750HP +
Crank is rated to 850HP +
Pistons are rated to 900HP +

Now the Mopar drift car uses the 392 in a boosted configuration. The compression ratio is in the low 9 range, and the amount of boost is roughly around the 6-7 range. Now this engine has performed extremely well in this configuration and is putting roughly 680HP at the rear wheels.

Pushing the boost up in excess of the 8-9psi range can be tough on many of the components. The durability really depends on a combination of all the components and the build design. There is no magic number or one particular part that says that this will allow you to boost 10+psi. I feel extremely confident in the design, durability, and reliability of the Mopar 392 mainly due to the extensive R&D behind it.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Would there be more stress on the stock transmission if you ever decided to make this replacement?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Yes, there is additional stress on the transmission as well as the axles. Based on the number of stroker motors already in many of the LX vehicles that are producing HP numbers around the Mopar 392. I would think that the transmission is sufficiently strong enough to handle this. The axles may be the weakest link here if the vehicle can maintain the traction. Upgrading to the stronger axles would be a good decision.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
This is funny, because the information I have received totally contradicts this statement. We are actually working on gearing up an install in the very near future for an LX.

The $17 grand motor is the carbureted version, the EFI version is about a grand less
What is the info and where did it come from? :smoke:

·
Registered
684 Posts
skeletonizer,
Regarding Mopar making this plug & play for the LX lineup, I am sorry that I made the comment without being able to back this information up. I know of certain individuals that were,or are working on a project to try and bring this to life, however I cannot post who, where, or even if it will happen. There has been talk about this with many people, and I feel sure it will be a done deal in the near future. However the end result may not be something directly from Mopar. I wish I could be more clear about this, but until our project is done, I really cannot say much more.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
guys in resume:
yes it will fit
so when?

i want my 392

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
skeletonizer,
Regarding Mopar making this plug & play for the LX lineup, I am sorry that I made the comment without being able to back this information up. I know of certain individuals that were,or are working on a project to try and bring this to life, however I cannot post who, where, or even if it will happen. There has been talk about this with many people, and I feel sure it will be a done deal in the near future. However the end result may not be something directly from Mopar. I wish I could be more clear about this, but until our project is done, I really cannot say much more.
Thanx, I get it. :silenced:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts