Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some help in understanding what ill need to complete this. So I have the 100th anniversary charger R/T and would like to put a 392 in it and put an srt body kit on it to have my own one of a kind 100th anniversary srt charger. Now obviously besides buying the engine and putting it in what other if any upgrades will I need to get? The transmission of the srt and rt is the same or so I've bee told. What about the differential/driveshaft/axles etc? Any insight into what I'm getting into would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
It would be cheaper to buy a 392 SRT and put the 100th Anniversary badges and parts on it.

A LOT cheaper. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Think it'd be a hell of a lot easier to go the SRT8 or Super Bee route (you've got the engine and body effects at that point) and then add whatever you want from the 100th anniversary edition (like the rims and seats).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 392 crate motor is only 8000 and a brand new srt is 50000 ? Your telling me its gonna cost 50000 to drop a motor into my rt?

·
Registered
290 Posts
A 392 crate motor is only 8000 and a brand new srt is 50000 ? Your telling me its gonna cost 50000 to drop a motor into my rt?
You also mentioned having the SRT8 body kit installed.

Obviously it's your ride, but it feels like the end product (which I think is going to be a lot harder to accomplish than you're making it sound) is going to have a bit of an identity crisis. Unless you plan on doing this yourself, you're leaving out quite a bit (SRT8 parts, painting and labor costs, etc).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Your gonna need more then a motor and labor will cost allot unless your gonna do it your self. I think it would be better to go with a blower imo cost way less and will probably offer more power that's what I want to do to my anniversary

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
You said you wanted a "one of a kind 100th anniversary SRT charger". That means a lot more than an engine. And yes. it will cost far more to make your R/T into an SRT when you consider the price you paid for the R/T. Brembo brakes alone will cost you $6k installed

This also isn't 1970, you don't just "drop in a motor". An engine swap like that means PCM, TCM and other controllers to make it work. You also left off labor and expert tuning to make it all work. A used 2014 SRT 392 isn't a "new car" and isn't $50K either. The 392 motor swap alone will cost you about $20k or more.

Sell the R/T, buy a used 392 and add the 100th Anniversary parts to it. FAR less money.

Reactions: Devils950003

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You also mentioned having the SRT8 body kit installed.

Obviously it's your ride, but it feels like the end product (which I think is going to a lot harder to accomplish than you're making it sound) is going to have a bit of an identity crisis. Unless you plan on doing this yourself, you're leaving out quite a bit (SRT8 parts, painting and labor costs, etc).
Yeah srt body kit painted and installed is 2000. The cost isn't really an issue. Just wanted to know what parts I need to be looking at before I dive into this besides what ive already stated.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Just wanted to know what parts I need to be looking at before I dive into this besides what ive already stated.
In addition to the engine, brakes, and bodywork, you'll need suspension pieces (struts, shocks, springs, swaybars), wheels, seats, and, of course, a pile of money. :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
I want to see this happen, and what the final price ended up being. I'm curious. :)

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Your gonna need more then a motor and labor will cost allot unless your gonna do it your self. I think it would be better to go with a blower imo cost way less and will probably offer more power that's what I want to do to my anniversary
I second this...I have the 100th AE R/T too and eventually want more power. While an engine swap sounds pretty cool in theory, a lot of programing and part switching would need to be done for that engine to talk to all the R/T parts you leave in. It sounds like a nightmare when you really start planning it out. I have been looking at Hennessey and Edelbrock for kits, so far I've priced the Edelbrock E-force and it is around 7k+ range. I've never supercharged a car before so I'm not sure where that price falls in the average blower cost but I would look into that if I were you. It's pricey but you know the kit will work from the getgo. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!

P.S. I really wish MOPAR would come out with a blower kit and/or the scat packs at reasonable prices, it would make things so much simpler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I second this...I have the 100th AE R/T too and eventually want more power. While an engine swap sounds pretty cool in theory, a lot of programing and part switching would need to be done for that engine to talk to all the R/T parts you leave in. It sounds like a nightmare when you really start planning it out. I have been looking at Hennessey and Edelbrock for kits, so far I've priced the Edelbrock E-force and it is around 7k+ range. I've never supercharged a car before so I'm not sure where that price falls in the average blower cost but I would look into that if I were you. It's pricey but you know the kit will work from the getgo. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing!

P.S. I really wish MOPAR would come out with a blower kit and/or the scat packs at reasonable prices, it would make things so much simpler.
Yeah I've been looking at the edelbrock one quite a bit myself because If I don't engine swap a supercharger is definitely the route i would go. Then I start thinking engine swap and supercharger ?. I'm going to hopefully talk to my service guy today and see what he has to say about it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The cost isn't really an issue.
That must be a nice position to be in. Even so, I think you're really underestimating the cost and complexity of this project. It needs to be undertaken by someone who is well-versed in this sort of thing and who has done it before. You should go to the vendor area and contact some of the vendors who have experience in doing engine swaps and brake and suspension upgrades.

I plan on supercharging my car, and I'll at least upgrade to police-spec brakes. If you have go, you gotta have whoa.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dude, there is a way that is MUCH simpler than an engine swap to get a 392 into your car. Think about it - the 392 and the 345 (5.7) are built off the exact same block; the 392 is just stroked and has different valvetrain, intake manifolds, camshaft, etc. So just get a premium stroker kit from Inertia Motorsports, which will stroke your motor and change out the cams and all that. You'll have your 392 (just as legit of a motor as any one out of an SRT8) for less than half the cost of an engine swap. Which will leave you plenty of money for the suspension, body, and brake upgrades that it'll take to transform your R/T into the 100th anniversary SRT that you really want.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
Yeah I've been looking at the edelbrock one quite a bit myself because If I don't engine swap a supercharger is definitely the route i would go. Then I start thinking engine swap and supercharger ?. I'm going to hopefully talk to my service guy today and see what he has to say about it.
Cool, keep us posted!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts