Charger Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Thats how I thought MDS worked as it makes total sense. Why wear out 1 4 6 and 7 faster then 2 3 5 and 8? It should in theory rotate the cylinders to 1 bring balance to the engine and 2 wear evenly.
Guess those irritating engineers who get paid entirely too much have no clue as to what they're doing lol......shit, you should go tell them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im looking at swapping out my cam to a 392 on my 2019 5.7 charger. I’m aware that the phase limiter is not needed and I’m also switching over to forged pushrods. My question is am I missing anything else what else do I need exactly to make this swap work?
Is that cheaper than a custom grind cam since you'll have to tune anyway?

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
884 Posts
Guess those irritating engineers who get paid entirely too much have no clue as to what they're doing lol......shit, you should go tell them.
Well, considering I have a degree in Automotive Technology maybe I should.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Bwahaha go for it. Let us know how that goes lol.
Man you already know how that would go, I believe it would fall on deaf ears or they would give me the reason why my theory is flawed. Either way it is what it is. I was just thinking aloud

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Man you already know how that would go
I do indeed lol, especially if you don't work in the auto industry. Then they would just throw the engineering and testing reports that went into engineering MDS back in 2001-2004 (designed into the block even though not used for 2003 then put into use for 2005) and data collected for the last 15yrs at you. It wouldn't go far for sure. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
884 Posts
I have been out of the Auto Industry for over 22 years. I have been in the Audio and Video field ever since. I use to be a Technician for Nissan , Pontiac and GMC trucks. I was certified for all 3.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts