Charger Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They used a different 392 decal on Challenger SRT8 Core in 2013-14, and it's a little bigger than the current 392 decal on Daytona and T/A.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Damn thats huge

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
What do the coil covers under the hood say?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
One side says SRT Performance and the other side is 6.4L Hemi

Reactions: Slidd

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I think it looks good like that but seeing it in real life might be different. Man that's a shiny car
What do you use and how do you wash it.
For a wash I use a few different Car Shampoos from Adam's and Chemical Guys. I use a Foam Cannon first then hand wash with super soft Micro fiber wash mitts.
For the Shine It's coated with Griots Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax. Topped with Adam's Polishes CS3 once a month or every few weeks.
As a Drying agent I use Adam's Polish Detail spray. I few light sprays on each panel to give it protection during drying.
I use a leaf Blower first to get all the cracks , then hit it with Detail spray then dry with Adams Polishes Micro Fiber Drying towels. I have Griots garage , Rag Company and Chemical Guys top of the line drying towels as well but I prefer the Blue ones from Adams Polishes.

Currently I'm messing around with Turtle Wax ICE line but have not coated my car with it yet. I have my Wife and Sons cars. I have however last topper I used on the Scat Pack I used Turtle Wax ICE spray wax. Not in those pictures.
I'm completely anal with my finish and take the best care of it I can and know how. I us the best products I can find.
Are Detailing supplies look like an Addict collection LOL.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've seen a few Charger SRT8s in 2012-14 model years online for sale with the 6.4L badge instead of the 392, I actually like it. If mine said 6.4L I'd just leave it. I'd be willing to bet most people these days understand 6.4L more than 392 cu in.
Thats cool but I don't do it for other people, I do it for my own personal liking. The 6.4L badges with the Bee above on the Challengers a few years ago where cool. I like the current one they have now with the Bee and 392 underneath. I considered using that in place of the Current one on the Charger.

·
Registered
156 Posts
For a wash I use a few different Car Shampoos from Adam's and Chemical Guys. I use a Foam Cannon first then hand wash with super soft Micro fiber wash mitts.
For the Shine It's coated with Griots Garage 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax. Topped with Adam's Polishes CS3 once a month or every few weeks.
As a Drying agent I use Adam's Polish Detail spray. I few light sprays on each panel to give it protection during drying.
I use a leaf Blower first to get all the cracks , then hit it with Detail spray then dry with Adams Polishes Micro Fiber Drying towels. I have Griots garage , Rag Company and Chemical Guys top of the line drying towels as well but I prefer the Blue ones from Adams Polishes.

Currently I'm messing around with Turtle Wax ICE line but have not coated my car with it yet. I have my Wife and Sons cars. I have however last topper I used on the Scat Pack I used Turtle Wax ICE spray wax. Not in those pictures.
I'm completely anal with my finish and take the best care of it I can and know how. I us the best products I can find.
Are Detailing supplies look like an Addict collection LOL.
When I bought mine it had 1000.00 miles on it (had problems getting the color I wanted but that's another story) So the car came with water spots. I tried clay bar but it was a fine grade may have to go with a med grade. Once that is done I will try your method. Your car looks great.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If the water spots are etched into the paint, you will have to either polish or light compound them out first. Clay bar is designed for Rail Dust and surface contaminates. The Water spots would have come off if they where on the surface with the clay bar.
I use car wash soap and clay when I do it. I think using the spray lubes are a waste. I use a higher then usual mixture of water and car wash shampoo for Clay baring. It works great and I don't get any clay marks when using this method. I'm a retired detailer so I have plenty of tricks up my sleeves.
If your interested I would hang out on youtube for awhile and watch all the different videos on proper outside car car. Chemical guys puts out some good learning videos as well as many many others.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Regular SRT Chargers 2012-14 got the 6.4 in the states, it's the 12-14 Super Bees that got the 392 badging. It's kinda funny because my build sheet is all kinds of confusing. Car has 6.4 badges and 6.4 coil covers, but the build sheet shows this early on:

View attachment 296735

But then you get further down and it has this lol:
View attachment 296736
Did not know that, thank you.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Then it must be in the paint.... I have seen how some dealers wash their cars on the lot and it hurts to see what it does to the paint. I have very little experience in remove damage to paint and do not want to make it worse.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I drew and had fabbed some custom badges for my Hellcat and never ended up using them. Both the scatpack and Daytona have historical relevance but with this case all I can say is when I had my Yellow Jacket, the 392 was still pretty new and it was, still is, crazy cool and so I wanted EVERYONE to know what it was. Now, it's all preference for me.
20180420_155553.jpg

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I think they look better then stock especially since you can see the pain behind it. Not to mention the more aggressive artist design. Dodge should actually pay you for that design and start using it on future models. Or just give you a new car for the design , that would work to.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I wish mine said 392, its a Canadian 2012 and it has 6.4L Hemi
There are so few '11-'14 R/Ts and SRTs on the roads in GTA....
Never seen the 6.4L , usually they were Super Bees with 392 Hemi
Could you please to post some pictures of your Charger from a side - to see how this badge looks like

Now I even more curious:
Folks in the US - on the speedometer, do you have dual grades in Miles and KMs or only miles?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My car is pitch black, I swapped out my red 392 for a yellow one then changed my HEMI badge to a gloss black one so it color matches the car. You can still see it but it very subtle.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My car is pitch black, I swapped out my red 392 for a yellow one then changed my HEMI badge to a gloss black one so it color matches the car. You can still see it but it very subtle.
I also have Pitch Black , I'd like to see your badge.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
There are so few '11-'14 R/Ts and SRTs on the roads in GTA....
Never seen the 6.4L , usually they were Super Bees with 392 Hemi
Could you please to post some pictures of your Charger from a side - to see how this badge looks like

Now I even more curious:
Folks in the US - on the speedometer, do you have dual grades in Miles and KMs or only miles?
Here you go, on pitch black too. 2012
badge.png

·
Registered
368 Posts
@ SVRSRTCDN : it looks great and unique with the decreasing amount of our generation Chargers on the local roads...

I actually thought to put '345' above HEMI, but have a doubt that will be able to perfectly align the digits, and most important - I think many people will think that it 3.45L engine.....

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Sharp, I love it! Sort of reminds me in a good way of the Hertz Mustang edition that uses gold stripes instead of yellow as you have.

You have good color selection.

Reactions: Mantis
21 - 40 of 46 Posts