Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I removed the HEMI from the 392/HEMI badge on the side of the Scat pack. I have Pitch Black and black Brembo Brakes. I have no other matching Red anything and don't plan on doing any down the road. I keep looking at the Daytona 392 decal which is flat or satin like black. I have seen them on many Daytona's and think that might be a better look. Also the 392 decal is in a position slightly higher then the standard Scat Pack location. Actually it seems to be right above that location.
What do you guys think about the Daytona Decal vs the Scat pack Standard?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Personally I like the red 392 HEMI badge.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it looks good 2 but I'm thinking the Satin Black might look a bit better.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I also removed the Hemi from the side and left the red 392 on
My car is white with Carbon black stripe
I also took off the dodge letters off the taillight
I like the looks of just the 392 on the front fenders

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Always liked the big 392 decal, go for it!

And I always thought since we can't get the SRT 392 any more, that if I bought another 392 Challenger I'd remove that ridiculous Scat Pack bee emblem and put the big 392 decal right in its place.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I wish mine said 392, its a Canadian 2012 and it has 6.4L Hemi

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

This is what it looks like without the HEMI underneath of it. I took that off awhile ago. If you look at the placement of this vs the Daytona 392, the Daytona 392 would be directly above this in placement. I think if anything the reason I'm still kinda hating on this is placement, its low on the fender.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Here is the Daytona I was gonna buy the Frostbite one but it didn't have a sunroof and it had a Dynamcis package which I didn't want the 6 piston brakes. The Black one right next to it was equipped the exact same way so that one was out 2. But in these pic's you can see the placement of the 392 Satin Black Decal, I do like that much better than the Stock Scat pack location and still better then my modified version without the HEMI.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
They used a different 392 decal on Challenger SRT8 Core in 2013-14, and it's a little bigger than the current 392 decal on Daytona and T/A.

·
Registered
156 Posts
View attachment 296731
This is what it looks like without the HEMI underneath of it. I took that off awhile ago. If you look at the placement of this vs the Daytona 392, the Daytona 392 would be directly above this in placement. I think if anything the reason I'm still kinda hating on this is placement, its low on the fender.
I think it looks good like that but seeing it in real life might be different. Man that's a shiny car
What do you use and how do you wash it.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I've seen a few Charger SRT8s in 2012-14 model years online for sale with the 6.4L badge instead of the 392, I actually like it. If mine said 6.4L I'd just leave it. I'd be willing to bet most people these days understand 6.4L more than 392 cu in.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
You will find this badge on the sides of the 300 SRT in Australia.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I've seen a few Charger SRT8s in 2012-14 model years online for sale with the 6.4L badge instead of the 392, I actually like it. If mine said 6.4L I'd just leave it. I'd be willing to bet most people these days understand 6.4L more than 392 cu in.
Regular SRT Chargers 2012-14 got the 6.4 in the states, it's the 12-14 Super Bees that got the 392 badging. It's kinda funny because my build sheet is all kinds of confusing. Car has 6.4 badges and 6.4 coil covers, but the build sheet shows this early on:

But then you get further down and it has this lol:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Regular SRT Chargers 2012-14 got the 6.4 in the states, it's the 12-14 Super Bees that got the 392 badging. It's kinda funny because my build sheet is all kinds of confusing. Car has 6.4 badges and 6.4 coil covers, but the build sheet shows this early on:

View attachment 296735

But then you get further down and it has this lol:
View attachment 296736

The mystery is solved. FCA or whatever they call themselves today upgrades the car and engine through re-badging.
Isn't it disturbing to know some marketing geek sitting at his or her desk is coming up with different badging for basically the same dated car.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The mystery is solved. FCA or whatever they call themselves today upgrades the car and engine through re-badging.
Isn't it disturbing to know some marketing geek sitting at his or her desk is coming up with different badging for basically the same dated car.
Makes me wounder if they even have/drive one of these cars.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts