Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this announcement today - makes me wonder whether they will eventually offer this as a standalone naturally aspirated option over the 345 cubic inch Hemis currently offered in the R/Ts
Pretty cool nonetheless!

·
Registered
123 Posts
The 354 has been around since the last generation of drag paks.
I doubt we will see it offered outside of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
The Mopar Drag Pack gives you a choice of a supercharged 354 Hemi or a naturally aspirated 426 Hemi engine. The NA 426 Gen III Hemi engine is available as a Mopar Crate engine, as are the NA 345 and 392 Gen III engines. The 392 Mopar Crate offering includes the NA and supercharged versions. The latest Mopar Crate offering is the supercharged 426 Gen III Hemi engine. The 426 and 392 supercharged offerings are intended for pre-1976 street and off-road vehicles. However, there's aftermarket engine builders (e.g. Arrington) that will build it for a modern Charger.
I think the 345 and 392 engines will be the only production engines offered in the Charger. This keeps the number of engines FCA is required to certify for EPA requirements to a minimum.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
They dropped the 426 for the 2019 Drag Pak, it's the supercharged 354 only now. 426 DP car last available in 2016 for $99,426.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Thanks for the update Slidd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts