Charger Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

As some of you may or may not know, my rims were stolen. I definitely need to get an alarm on my baby but this one shop quoted me $350 for an alarm. They said the Charger needs a "special" sensor and that alone is $100. Does this sound right to you? I want an alarm with a tilting sensor, but I don't want to pay that much. Any recommendations or advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
viper model #350xv $250 installed plus the tilt sensor $100. he's right on the money. no other special any thing is needed. life time warranty plus thieft protection nation wide.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok...man I wasn't expecting to pay that much but I guess it will be worth it.

·
Premium Member
4,351 Posts
Could be more, I dropped $500 for mine with 2 way paging/remote start and don't regret one red cent.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I went and just got the alarm in. Turns out it's not a Viper alarm, but it works really good. We jacked it up and the wheels didn't even come off the ground yet and the alarm went off. It also goes off if you just barely bump it. No remote start or anything but whatever. At least I can sleep at night...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It says Autopage-El Guardian. Ever heard of it? It's got the tilt sensor on it.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
It says Autopage-El Guardian. Ever heard of it? It's got the tilt sensor on it.
http://www.autopageusa.com/t_inside.cfm?action=sections&sectionID=10002

Corporate Profile
Auto Page, Inc. is one of the most experienced vehicle security companies in the U.S. and a wholly owned subsidiary of Iwata Electric Co. of Tokyo, Japan. Iwata has been an industry leader over 50 years, establishing a reputation for ingenuity in its engineering capability and innovative communication products. Auto Page and Iwata maintain a long tradition of providing the best value to their customers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
be aware that tilt sensors can malfunction. if your car alarm starts going off for no apparent reason after arming it, that's a good sign.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
SHE got a good alarm-autopage has steped up to the plate with DEI and trying to give them a run for their money. BUT megins you should buy a 3rd spare remote as back up when you have a few extra bucks. [JUST IN CASE] THINGS are bad out there and stereo shops are droping like flys.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Hey guys,

As some of you may or may not know, my rims were stolen. I definitely need to get an alarm on my baby but this one shop quoted me $350 for an alarm. They said the Charger needs a "special" sensor and that alone is $100. Does this sound right to you? I want an alarm with a tilting sensor, but I don't want to pay that much. Any recommendations or advice?

Thanks!
That is actually not a bad price. The extra part he is talking about is a bypass sensor that you have to have. Without that part nothing really works. It is supposed to override the "factory" alarm....if you can call it that.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ohhh ok. Thanks for the info guys!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That is actually not a bad price. The extra part he is talking about is a bypass sensor that you have to have. Without that part nothing really works. It is supposed to override the "factory" alarm....if you can call it that.
and is used for remote starts, she just has an alarm.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
My alarm cost a one time upfront fee of $650, and $125 a month...............Carbon 15 with a drum, and full coverage auto insruance

:)

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
lol, that'll work! i would love to see the look on some theives face if you came out with that.
lol, Ive actually been lucky enough to see the look first hand....Me and my friend moved to Nashville for a short time 2 yrs ago and both had 24s on our cars....I had a garage, his garage wouldnt be ready for a few days so he Left it parked on the curb right outside the neigboors window....someone broke in the car and tried to pop the ignition but didnt suceed, we knew they would be back.....following night, we got a bunch of beers, pulled my car out of the garage and left it outside like a "sitting duck" as bait, although we were in the car with the carbon 15 and the windows including front windshield were tinted so no one would know......sure enough, the culprits showed back up about 3:30am and out came me and mr thunderstick puttin a beam on em......look was priceless, they never came back lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts