Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what has happened with the car today, i sadly regret buying it, first it started locking the doors when you shut them, and next, i have no power steering. what a day

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your new car. Hopefully the dealer will get the issues taken care of to your satisfaction. The problems sound like possible simple comp problem. I'm sure you'll get it back fixed and the bummeritis will go away. Good LUCK!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
HIGH_HEMI said:
Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your new car. Hopefully the dealer will get the issues taken care of to your satisfaction. The problems sound like possible simple comp problem. I'm sure you'll get it back fixed and the bummeritis will go away. Good LUCK!
Yeah, what he said.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i doubt its a computer problem thats causing the powersteering fluid to spray all over the place.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a pressure valve stuck in the pump or rack or a hose etc. Keep us up to date so we can hear whats going on. Good luck!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
HEMIRT said:
i doubt its a computer problem thats causing the powersteering fluid to spray all over the place.
You failed to mention that little tidbit of information....

If that were happening to my car, I would have a long-term loaner from the dealer and a brand new car on the way...with a FREE 6 yr/100,000 mile warranty...just in case.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
HEMIRT said:
You're right.....I misread that part. Maybe just a loose hose....who knows.

·
Registered
331 Posts
HEMIRT,

I feel for you. This is precisely why they recommend that you avoid buying a car in its first model year. We're basically guinea pigs for them to work out all the kinks. Fortunately, this sounds like an easily fixable problem. Guinea pig or not, it's pretty hard to wait when the car in question is this compelling! :)

·
Banned
113 Posts
I had a power steering pump go out on me due to excessive donuts :) replaced for free of course! That would be why I go to the dealer 15 minutes away for everything instead of the one 1 block away.

The crooks a block away I went in just to see what they'd charge me to install the borla exhaust I ordered... $200 and they said it voided my warranty and I laughed at him.... that dealer is truly crooked - that's why they aren't a 5 star dealer ;)

·
Registered
322 Posts
gweempose said:
HEMIRT,

I feel for you. This is precisely why they recommend that you avoid buying a car in its first model year. We're basically guinea pigs for them to work out all the kinks. Fortunately, this sounds like an easily fixable problem. Guinea pig or not, it's pretty hard to wait when the car in question is this compelling! :)

shoktru said:
I was hoping the 300 and magnum peeps were the lab rats this go around :cry:

- The problem could have happened on a model that has been out for several years. HEMIRT could have bought a Neon and had the same problem. If 40 members posted the same issue, then I would start to think that it was a "First Model Year" issue.
- Most of the parts in the Charger, are shared with the Magnum and the "300" models - so, the parts have been in use for at least 2 years now. There are also other parts which are of Mercedes design (ex - the Transmission)- which have been around for years.

- This issue is not representative of a Model year issue (at this point).

- HEMIRT, I would not think of your purchase as a mistake - you could have bought another model or another manufacturer's model and had issues. Most of us will probably have some sort of problem with our cars. I know people that only bought <Insert Manufacturers name here> because they never had any issue - But then I know folks that would swear up and down that they would never buy a <Insert same name here> car. Then there are people that have had problems with one dealer, but other's would swear that the same dealer was great. - It's kind-of a "luck of the draw" thing.

I hope that everything gets fixed to your satisfaction and that you will be "back on the road" soon. And who knows, you may never have another problem again.

Brian T.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have had 3 problems in 4 weeks of delivery of my car. The dealership owners told me they would give me 100% value of my car / sticker that was on the car if I wanted to trade out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
....A quick "Sidebar":

GoofyGuy said:
I have had 3 problems in 4 weeks of delivery of my car. The dealership owners told me they would give me 100% value of my car / sticker that was on the car if I wanted to trade out.

- What were the 3 issues - and are you going to trade it in/out ?
- Are you "unhappy" with the car ?
- Do you think that it's a bad car to buy, from your experience ?

- I bought the "SE" model - and have ony had to take it back in for service for a problem with the "Sentry" key system - It wouldn't let me start the car on one occasion - After the 4th turn of the key, the car started. Anyhow, the Dealer replaced the "Sentry" Key system and all is fine now. While it was in the shop - I also had the A/C charged to the proper level (know issue with some Chargers and "300's" coming out of the factory) - Also, had the "TSB" (Tech Service Bulletin) work done for the A/C control module.

- But, after those issues, I would not think that it was a "First year" model issue and I am not upset with the car - I would not think that the "Charger" model is nothing but trouble.

Brian T.

·
Registered
403 Posts
BT1024 said:
....A quick "Sidebar":

- What were the 3 issues - and are you going to trade it in/out ?
- Are you "unhappy" with the car ?
- Do you think that it's a bad car to buy, from your experience ?

- I bought the "SE" model - and have ony had to take it back in for service for a problem with the "Sentry" key system - It wouldn't let me start the car on one occasion - After the 4th turn of the key, the car started. Anyhow, the Dealer replaced the "Sentry" Key system and all is fine now. While it was in the shop - I also had the A/C charged to the proper level (know issue with some Chargers and "300's" coming out of the factory) - Also, had the "TSB" (Tech Service Bulletin) work done for the A/C control module.

- But, after those issues, I would not think that it was a "First year" model issue and I am not upset with the car - I would not think that the "Charger" model is nothing but trouble.

Brian T.

First problem was the crank almost fell off. The bolt that holds it on was only 1 or 2 threads from being gone. The belt acuatlly split in half becuase of the crank being 1/2 inch off I drove the dealer with only half the belt. Second was the A/C it went out. They said a leak in the condensor seems to be a factory problem. I picked the car up and immedatly noticed a problem with the tranny it was bucking a surging between 25-40 mph. I could easliy reproduce the problem for them. They said the torque converter may be the culrpit or the System that tells it to lock. 3 problems 4 weeks. I wonder if thats enough to call lemon? The charger is just the newest on the LX platform so all the drivetrain is in use for a few years now so I dont understand all the problems. Im more then happy with the fit and finish of the car now if they just fix all the damn drivetrain problems I will happy. I may trade it in. But for what Im not sure yet.

·
Registered
137 Posts
GoofyGuy said:
First problem was the crank almost fell off. The bolt that holds it on was only 1 or 2 threads from being gone. The belt acuatlly split in half becuase of the crank being 1/2 inch off I drove the dealer with only half the belt. Second was the A/C it went out. They said a leak in the condensor seems to be a factory problem. I picked the car up and immedatly noticed a problem with the tranny it was bucking a surging between 25-40 mph. I could easliy reproduce the problem for them. They said the torque converter may be the culrpit or the System that tells it to lock. 3 problems 4 weeks. I wonder if thats enough to call lemon? The charger is just the newest on the LX platform so all the drivetrain is in use for a few years now so I dont understand all the problems. Im more then happy with the fit and finish of the car now if they just fix all the damn drivetrain problems I will happy. I may trade it in. But for what Im not sure yet.
lemon laws vary by state. where do you live??

·
Registered
202 Posts
yeah lemon laws differ from state to state but i think its generally 7 times for the same issue. could be wrong though.

·
Registered
403 Posts
FullyCharged said:
lemon laws vary by state. where do you live??
florida they just confuse me when I read them. So I decided screw it I may take the owners of the dealership on thier offer and trade it in. I cant take to much I need a reliable car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts