Yeah, what he said.HIGH_HEMI said:Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your new car. Hopefully the dealer will get the issues taken care of to your satisfaction. The problems sound like possible simple comp problem. I'm sure you'll get it back fixed and the bummeritis will go away. Good LUCK!
You failed to mention that little tidbit of information....HEMIRT said:i doubt its a computer problem thats causing the powersteering fluid to spray all over the place.
I feel for you. This is precisely why they recommend that you avoid buying a car in its first model year. We're basically guinea pigs for them to work out all the kinks. Fortunately, this sounds like an easily fixable problem. Guinea pig or not, it's pretty hard to wait when the car in question is this compelling!
shoktru said:I was hoping the 300 and magnum peeps were the lab rats this go around
GoofyGuy said:I have had 3 problems in 4 weeks of delivery of my car. The dealership owners told me they would give me 100% value of my car / sticker that was on the car if I wanted to trade out.
BT1024 said:....A quick "Sidebar":
- What were the 3 issues - and are you going to trade it in/out ?
- Are you "unhappy" with the car ?
- Do you think that it's a bad car to buy, from your experience ?
- I bought the "SE" model - and have ony had to take it back in for service for a problem with the "Sentry" key system - It wouldn't let me start the car on one occasion - After the 4th turn of the key, the car started. Anyhow, the Dealer replaced the "Sentry" Key system and all is fine now. While it was in the shop - I also had the A/C charged to the proper level (know issue with some Chargers and "300's" coming out of the factory) - Also, had the "TSB" (Tech Service Bulletin) work done for the A/C control module.
- But, after those issues, I would not think that it was a "First year" model issue and I am not upset with the car - I would not think that the "Charger" model is nothing but trouble.
lemon laws vary by state. where do you live??GoofyGuy said:First problem was the crank almost fell off. The bolt that holds it on was only 1 or 2 threads from being gone. The belt acuatlly split in half becuase of the crank being 1/2 inch off I drove the dealer with only half the belt. Second was the A/C it went out. They said a leak in the condensor seems to be a factory problem. I picked the car up and immedatly noticed a problem with the tranny it was bucking a surging between 25-40 mph. I could easliy reproduce the problem for them. They said the torque converter may be the culrpit or the System that tells it to lock. 3 problems 4 weeks. I wonder if thats enough to call lemon? The charger is just the newest on the LX platform so all the drivetrain is in use for a few years now so I dont understand all the problems. Im more then happy with the fit and finish of the car now if they just fix all the damn drivetrain problems I will happy. I may trade it in. But for what Im not sure yet.
florida they just confuse me when I read them. So I decided screw it I may take the owners of the dealership on thier offer and trade it in. I cant take to much I need a reliable car.FullyCharged said:lemon laws vary by state. where do you live??