Charger Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Daytona in F8 Green.
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a thread with pics of Chargers that have 305s in the rear with 275s in the front? If not, does anyone have this setup? I'd like to see some pics.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Why would you run a 305 vs a 315? A 305/35 has a slightly shorter sidewall than a 275/40, so you're front tire will appear "meatier", not a look most people go for.

275/40/20 front, 315/35/20 rear is the most common staggered setup.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
1,367 Posts
Why would you run a 305 vs a 315? A 305/35 has a slightly shorter sidewall than a 275/40, so you're front tire will appear "meatier", not a look most people go for.

275/40/20 front, 315/35/20 rear is the most common staggered setup.
That what the Hellcat and Widebody Scat Pack runs 305/35R20?
Your looking at 28.4 vs 28.7 in overall height Your also looking at more weight in the 305's. The DSW06 Plus at 275 is only 29 lbs whereas if you go with the 305 then your looking at 32 lbs. Rotational mass comes into play here.

Why not do a square setup with 275's? Save some money on tires and weight? Just so you know the 305's also spin on the street. The best thing to get is a excellent tire that hooks better.

It's amazing how the prices of the tires jump up from 275 to 305.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
305/35/20 rear, 245/45/20 front. Indy 500's

315/35/20 rear, 275/40/20 front. Atturo 850's

Tire snobs make me laugh. Michelin, Conti...whatever. I've tried them, and realized what a waste of money they are. They get slick just as fast as any other tire. I can buy 3 sets of Atturos for the price of one set of Michelin. They ride just as good, hook just as good and save my wallet from crying every time I have to buy a set.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I agree, anything wider is just for looks. 275 all around you can rotate and prolong tire life and save money. I used to run a staggered set up and I hated having to buy tires after 2 years

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That what the Hellcat and Widebody Scat Pack runs 305/35R20?
Your looking at 28.4 vs 28.7 in overall height Your also looking at more weight in the 305's. The DSW06 Plus at 275 is only 29 lbs whereas if you go with the 305 then your looking at 32 lbs. Rotational mass comes into play here.

Why not do a square setup with 275's? Save some money on tires and weight? Just so you know the 305's also spin on the street. The best thing to get is a excellent tire that hooks better.

It's amazing how the prices of the tires jump up from 275 to 305.
All around, yes, the WB cars have 305s on all 4 corners. Staggered, WB owners are going 335 in the rear.

Also, Atturo tires are $140 a tire for a 315, so I'm not worried about $. The Atturo AZ800 and AZ850 are better than the Michelin and Continental tires I've had on the Chargers.

For a street tire, saying anything more than a 275 is just for looks is not true. All things being equal, my 315s grip better than my 275s out back. There is a bigger difference between 245s and 275s, but I went from Michelin tires to Atturo.

It's for the street, so I don't put much into it. For the track you're looking at a whole different setup.

I still think the 275s look too skinny on the rear of the Charger. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Tire snobs make me laugh. Michelin, Conti...whatever. I've tried them, and realized what a waste of money they are. They get slick just as fast as any other tire. I can buy 3 sets of Atturos for the price of one set of Michelin. They ride just as good, hook just as good and save my wallet from crying every time I have to buy a set.
Who is the tire snob? Me for bring up the Conti's? IMO the DSW06 Plus tire is worlds better than the stock Good Years. Back when I purchased them, I was planning on driving in the winter months. According to Atturo, the AZ series tires are horrible in the snow. I also heard they are terrible under 40 F . They are nicely priced and getting a set of winter tires would probably make sense IF these are the tires you like.
I never tried them so I have no e

Tire snob meaning me? I could care less what brand tire I have on my car other than the fact they do what I ask of them. the DWS06 Plus tires are worlds better than the RSA-2's the car came with.

The Atturo's are very attractive for the money. They look really nice as well.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
All around, yes, the WB cars have 305s on all 4 corners. Staggered, WB owners are going 335 in the rear.

Also, Atturo tires are $140 a tire for a 315, so I'm not worried about $. The Atturo AZ800 and AZ850 are better than the Michelin and Continental tires I've had on the Chargers.

For a street tire, saying anything more than a 275 is just for looks is not true. All things being equal, my 315s grip better than my 275s out back. There is a bigger difference between 245s and 275s, but I went from Michelin tires to Atturo.

It's for the street, so I don't put much into it. For the track you're looking at a whole different setup.

I still think the 275s look too skinny on the rear of the Charger. Just my opinion.
For tires that are supposed to be as good as people say, they don't ask a lot of money for them. Sounds like a gem.
I wouldn't go with a 305 or a 315 for the street. Just me as I don't street race or try to do hard pulls. I much prefer to keep my license and race at the Dragestrip.

Michelin tires are the worlds best tire company. They come on most if not all super cars and Chevy found that they work the best on the new Corvette. They get the highest Ratings except for rain and snow, the Continentals best them there.

Continental tires are the 2nd best tires and are excellent in all conditions for the street. I love mine.

For looks yeah 305's or 315 do look bad ass.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
For tires that are supposed to be as good as people say, they don't ask a lot of money for them. Sounds like a gem.
I wouldn't go with a 305 or a 315 for the street. Just me as I don't street race or try to do hard pulls. I much prefer to keep my license and race at the Dragestrip.

Michelin tires are the worlds best tire company. They come on most if not all super cars and Chevy found that they work the best on the new Corvette. They get the highest Ratings except for rain and snow, the Continentals best them there.

Continental tires are the 2nd best tires and are excellent in all conditions for the street. I love mine.

For looks yeah 305's or 315 do look bad ass.
Yeah, I'm referring to looks alone for 305s/315s. I run them on the street and don't drive like an idiot, I just like the way they look.

Everyone's got their own opinion on tires, so it's really no issue to go over that again. Personally, I agree Michelin makes a really good tire, however, I do prefer the Atturo tires on the Charger. They are all season tires, and you know where I live, I've run them for 4 winters now. I even ran them in light snow and they were fine.

I'll disagree with you on the Continentals though, I've hated them on both my Charger R/T and Impala. They were noisy on the Impala, and wore VERY fast on the R/T. I'll never buy Continental tires again, or Goodyear. Just my personal experience with them.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Is there a thread with pics of Chargers that have 305s in the rear with 275s in the front? If not, does anyone have this setup? I'd like to see some pics.
If you Google, "Charger 315 tires" or "Charger 275 tires" you'll get tons of images than you can use for reference.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Tire snob meaning me? I could care less what brand tire I have on my car other than the fact they do what I ask of them. the DWS06 Plus tires are worlds better than the RSA-2's the car came with.

The Atturo's are very attractive for the money. They look really nice as well.
No, I wasn't actually calling you out that time. There are plenty on the forums for me to pick on lol

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
I have 315s on the back on 11" wide wheels, 275s up front on 9" wheels. It is doable.

Reactions: Karl_1052

·
Premium Member
2021 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Daytona in F8 Green.
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 315s on the back on 11" wide wheels, 275s up front on 9" wheels. It is doable.

this looks great. Hard to tell they are different sizes from the pics.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts