Charger Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I will start by saying I have a 300c w/ cai, brylcreem, and 22" chrome wheels. I am sitting at a red light when this srt10 qc pulls next to me. It had the windows smoked out, I couldn't see the driver. I had seen the truck before and wondered how I would do against a srt10 qc. Anyway, we were setting at the light I had my windows down so I look over and smile then I start to inch forward. Has soon as I started inching so did he, I knew it was on. Light goes green we both take off kinda slow, then around 15mph we both slammed the gas I got the jump because he stumbled a little on take off. I grab about 3/4 car on him from 1st till mid 2nd. By the time we hit 3rd he had pulled a whole car link, I was seeing tail lights.:beat: He stayed about a car and a half in front until I shifted to 4th then I started creeping back up. We shut down at about 125mph(no chip 126mph is my max) and I was only half car back by then. It was a 4 lane road with NO traffic at all.
After we shut down he pulled over at the next gas station and chatted about the hemi. He told me he has a 300c that his wife drives and always wondered how it would run against his truck. His truck is a manual with basic mods.
Oh well not to bad for a car with 22" chrome, still fun.:rockon:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
If it was a Quad cab, he didn't have a manual tranny. Only the 2 door models came with the Viper 6 speed manual. The Quads came with an automatic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it was manual. That thing jerked and lounged forward with every shift. Either way I saw tail lights.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah it will jerk going from 1st to 2nd gear thats about it, a buddy of mine that works at a dealership took me out for a test drive in a SRT10 Quad cab, we could only get it to chirp going to second gear. Maybe if he had a chip or something else it would probably chirp going to third. That's surprising that you pulled on him because the truck is really slow at take offs but gets faster and faster as it climbs up in speed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I am suprised you did not take him... That truck may boast 500hp but it weighs close to 7 Jillion pounds.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fluffykush; 5.7 Hemi's (rt,300c) are limited to 126 mph in stock form.
blklikeme; Flashpaq is on my wish list if I decide to keep it.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Are you sure? I've read many posts on here about stock R/T's able to hit 148 and thats when a limiter kicks in. I mean the 3.5 charger can even hit 122-125.

·
Banned
8,603 Posts
The QC SRT10 runs close to a 5.7 LX with the advantage to the LX.....but all the QC needs is a $450 B&G flash to erase almost a second off his 1320 time...........and dont mess with the 2 door SRT10 Viper truck...they can fatally bite an SRT8...:smoke:

·
Registered
76 Posts
unless you have the R/T road and track package, daytona, or SRT you are limited to only 125 because that is all the faster the tires are rated for. Now you can get a programmer to remove the speed limiter but unless you get different tires than the stock ones I would not recommend going over 130 as you run the risk of tire failure. yes your SE will go 120ish but the R/T gets there alot faster.

·
Registered
708 Posts
You need to pick up the Flashpaq...or the new Diablo everyone seems to be waiting for.
Yeah, because it's important to be able to go faster than 125mph on the streets, stoplight to stoplight!!

WTF??? Don't get me wrong, I will run anyone that pulls up alongside me, but once I hit the speed limit I let off the gas (on the streets anyway). Going 125mph on the streets is asking to have your car impounded (and crushed here in So Cal) and your a$$ thrown in jail where you will promptly be issued a new girlfriend named Bubba. Think about it!!!

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
117 is the top speed for the 3.5 sxt i have had mine at about 122 but i was told it wasbecause the bigger wheel and not being calibrated for it. not sure if thats what made mine go over but thats what i was told. also when my car had the stock wheels it let out at 117ish i couldnt get it up to the 120 mark

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Yeah, because it's important to be able to go faster than 125mph on the streets, stoplight to stoplight!!

WTF??? Don't get me wrong, I will run anyone that pulls up alongside me, but once I hit the speed limit I let off the gas (on the streets anyway). Going 125mph on the streets is asking to have your car impounded (and crushed here in So Cal) and your a$$ thrown in jail where you will promptly be issued a new girlfriend named Bubba. Think about it!!!
What kind of streets do you have that you can hit 125!!? I would hate to live around you, I would definetly stop taking walks around my block with you around lol.

·
Registered
708 Posts
What kind of streets do you have that you can hit 125!!? I would hate to live around you, I would definetly stop taking walks around my block with you around lol.
Actually, out here in the IE there are an abundance of streets that you could easily hit 125 on - hence all the Ricky Racers out here on Friday and Saturday nights. However, seems you missed my point. I was responding to the thread with sarcasm - as in - who the hell goes 125mph on the street?? - which is what 4runner26 said HE did in the initial thread!!! I agree with you, forget the cops, you drive like that around my neighborhood and I'll be payin you a visit. Had a guy on a sportbike who thought he was on a dragstrip - followed him home and politely suggested he NEVER ride like that again around here. Hasn't been a problem in two years now. :knockout:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I thought the Daytona's would hit 160? I had my stock Daytona to 150 and it was still pulling. I thought about burying the needle, but then I realized I was too old to be doing that.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My Daytona stops pulling around 140mph.. It was a hell of a run!! and the nitrous gets you there allot quicker!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.