Charger Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since my accident I've been driving a 2009 300. Does anyone here know if the wiring harness is the same as the charger (power for the clock)? I want to get a 300 center bezel with the clock and put it in my RT (I love the clock,not sure why). Fit and finish look identical except the AC vents, I'm hoping the connectors for those are compatible too.

300 Dash:

2008 Charger with nav, stock(single cd) radio is the same size(I have the stock unit)

Charger Dash (this is an '06 I have an '08, the bezel is the same):

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
No input as far as fit, but here's a picture of the Charger dash in a 2008. The 2006 dash is way different and you can't really do a fair visual comparison for what you're asking with a pic of it.

Looks like it's possible but even one millimeter in either direction will make or break it.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I'm thinking the top edge of the 300 bezel is straight/slightly curved, whereas the charger is at an angle. That would be difficult to fix.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hate to keep bumping my own thread but there's gotta be a MOPAR tech on here somewhere.......

·
Registered
592 Posts
They look to be the same shape, except for the addition of the clock and narrower vents.
If the dashes are the same, then the bezels should be interchangeable EXCEPT for the piece that splits the air vents around the clock.

So, maybe rent a 300 for a day and take a peek inside the dash.
(was that out loud? no? Good!)
+++

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wouldnt the clock be battery powered???
No, the clock is tied into the dash lights so I'm pretty sure it's powered off the electrical system.That's why I'm curious about the harness. I might take my rentals dash apart...that wasn't out loud either was it?:banana:

·
Registered
592 Posts
BTW, I forgot to mention this:

Our Chargers did not come equipped from the factory with a glovebox light. The 300s do.
We are able to simply buy the part(s), cut the hole and plug it directly to the wire harness with the plug that is taped there.

I'd be willing to bet that our Chargers have a supply voltage for the clock with a little plug that is taped back out of the way.

hope - hope - hope
+++

·
Registered
563 Posts
I always thought about doing this...and I also thought with a little trim work and removal of the clock, that it would make one hell of a smooth looking gauge pod!!! :beerchug:

·
Registered
43 Posts
BTW, I forgot to mention this:

Our Chargers did not come equipped from the factory with a glovebox light. The 300s do.
We are able to simply buy the part(s), cut the hole and plug it directly to the wire harness with the plug that is taped there.

I'd be willing to bet that our Chargers have a supply voltage for the clock with a little plug that is taped back out of the way.

hope - hope - hope
+++
On my 06 the plug is indeed there. I've tapped it as a constant power source for my XM Tuner.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Any insight on where the plug is located would be great. I may need to use it in the future.
+++

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you remove the radio/climate control bezel, I believe it was taped up between the air vents.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On my 06 the plug is indeed there. I've tapped it as a constant power source for my XM Tuner.
:bigthumb: Awesome, I think the only other part I'll need is the Air conditioning feed tube...It splits on the 300 from what I've been told.

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Fuse# 38 in the rear fuse box. It's 5 amps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts