Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I took my '07 R/T in for the 30,000 mile service. The final bill was $536.32. Wow!!!
In 6 months, when it's time for the 60,000 mile service, I'll be doing it myself.
Is everyone that goes to the dealer for this service paying about the same?
I must say, I have a lot more get up and go. It even chirped the tires when it shifted....didn't do that when it was new.

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
always fun to get all new stuff put in!

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Today I took my '07 R/T in for the 30,000 mile service. The final bill was $536.32. Wow!!!
In 6 months, when it's time for the 60,000 mile service, I'll be doing it myself.
Is everyone that goes to the dealer for this service paying about the same?
I must say, I have a lot more get up and go. It even chirped the tires when it shifted....didn't do that when it was new.
30,000 miles in 6 months? you must do a TON of driving!

·
Registered
58 Posts
chrisdridley,

My dealer quoted me about the same, (Maybe a little bit cheaper because mine is a V6 (base 300) as opposed to the V8. I'm getting ready to make the appointment pretty soon. I have 28,700 on the odometer as I speak now.

I have run synthetic since the first oil change and know it will be a little bit more $$ than if I was using dino oil (conventional oil)

Hope this helps

Brian T. Carotenuto

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
30,000 miles in 6 months? you must do a TON of driving!
I bought the '07 R/T new on May 19th 2007. I also had a '06 3.5 Charger that I put 55,000 miles on in 9 months. I do construction management and travel to North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Virginia from Tennessee every week.
My Chargers know almost every curve and dip on I 40, I 85, I 20, I 75, I 77 and I 16.
I have traveled like this for years and the Chargers are by far the best car or truck I have ever had for this type of work.
I love that Hemi power but the bill today was pretty steep.

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
i remember the 15k super tune that was like 250 but it pepped the car up pretty well. i know when i hit 30k ill pony up the money

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What did they do?
They did everything the manual calls for at the 30,000 mile mark...nothing else.
Replaced the plugs, cleaned the induction system/throttle body, checked and cleaned the pvc valve, rotated the tires, changed the oil and filter (syn).
No air filter. I have K&N filters. Car was in the garage bay for 3 hours.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Hah, you ain't seen nothin'! I pay $130 for an oil change here in Yellowknife. That should put the 30,000 mile service at well over $1000... I hope I move before I get to that service.... :nervous s

·
Premium Member
5,973 Posts
Hah, you ain't seen nothin'! I pay $130 for an oil change here in Yellowknife. That should put the 30,000 mile service at well over $1000... I hope I move before I get to that service.... :nervous s
HOLY $H!t i pay like 40 bucks at the dealer for reg oil change

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
A regular oil change here at the dealer was 22$

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
They did everything the manual calls for at the 30,000 mile mark...nothing else.
Replaced the plugs, cleaned the induction system/throttle body, checked and cleaned the pvc valve, rotated the tires, changed the oil and filter (syn).
No air filter. I have K&N filters. Car was in the garage bay for 3 hours.
Eeek. I'll be doing that service myself. Plugs, oil/filter, air/cabin filters, and tire rotation should take me about 2 hours total. Cleaning the induction system and throttle body is pure "make work" and not necessary.

Best,

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
wow, I did my own plug, used an over the counter spray cleaner to clean the throttle plate, rotate my own tires, KnN so no air filter that I dont clean myself. The pcv, ok, I admit I dont touch it. Ok, drive to vegas and I will do your 30K services for $300!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Don't go to the dealer unless absolutely necessary. Go to Pep Boys or your favorite automotive center with trusted Mechanics, read your owners manual, and save all receipts.

·
Registered
831 Posts
A regular oil change here at the dealer was 22$
32 bucks here

and yea i got the 30k mile service done a couple months ago. when i got the quote i got a heart attack :lol: expensive but who knows what would happen if you dont do the maintenance. i'd rather not find out on my own.

·
Registered
14,728 Posts
Dont trip much. 30 k is the interval on all domestic vehicles. There is normallya $500 price tag with said service in a dealer. Techs ( like me) get paid good on them too. One car in your stall for four hours ? Oh yea

·
Registered
555 Posts
$500 seems fair compared to the price I was quoted at two dealers one in San Jose CA, and one in Bentonville AR which was over $800! I thought for sure when I went to the AR dealer it would be at least half of the Cali dealer!
I will shop the service at my local repair shops!
I'm glad I found this thread!

·
Registered
13,502 Posts
I'm looking forward to the day my car turns 30k so that I can say I did the spark plugs myself.

I expect that by 30k I'll already have changed them ...

I plan on switching to full synthetic oil at the next oil change which should be at about 6k miles, and then continuing with oil changes every 3k.

All the bigger sevices I plan on doing early as I know how I drive my car :D

·
Registered
161 Posts

Just do it yourself.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts