Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this cool thing in a brochure on the srt-8 Charger

It says:
Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with 3 position switching feature (unique to charger srt-8)

as of now the srt-8 300 and the srt-8 magnum has a esp switch to turn off and on just like the charger. All the gripe in the magazines and owners is that if turn it off you still have some Nanny control....

However the charger will have three positions I belive they will be the ESP on, The Esp off (like the normal charger) but with some control and the third position may be complete ESP off, no nanny whatsoever..... :rockon:
I think the srt-8 charger will be a complete diffrent vehicle than the 300 and magnum. I also heard that the suspension will be stiffer than both the 300 and magnum.

so for all of us that is going to buy the srt-8, get ready to light up them tires.....

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
tire shredders are cool....very, very cool!!! i will be jealous - until i get my supercharger (sometime in the next decade)???!!! dang wife, gotta love 'em.

i love the stance on the srt8 charger.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
i keep hearing from a bunch of my mopar friends and mechanics that the hemi has alot of unlocked potential (hp) being held back by the computer in the charger/magnum/300c, this could be one more potential hp gainer for us all if they could crack the codes and get US a programmer. just my 2 cents on something that has already been spoken of many times...sorry.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GoDaddy,
Sorry to burst your bubble, but we have been going through the same on our trucks for the last 2 1/2 years, this programmer is untouchable!!! At first we thougth since we got a 7 year 70K mile warrranty, this was the reason, but maybe since they scaled it back to the 3/36 they may release the codes. Well see i hope so becuse that means the 6.1 should also have more potential

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
that bubble is causing a grown man to sob like a school girl. :)

i have been reading alot of the posts on other forums saying the same thing, what kills me is it is just lying there, dormant, waiting for someone to find it..."here horsepower, here little guy"....need some sleep, but i am willing to do just about anything to get a little more here and there. damn that need for power...i blame it on tim the toolman!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Alley said:
Interesting, so on the regular chargers if you have esp off and you floor it and start spinning, the computer will still do something to stop you from spinning?

basically dont think of it as an ESP on off button... think of it as an ESP "full on" or "relaxed mode" button

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Alley said:
Interesting, so on the regular chargers if you have esp off and you floor it and start spinning, the computer will still do something to stop you from spinning?
Not unless your rear-end comes around and you steer to correct. The stability control is still active. The yaw sensor and steering wheel position will cause one side of the front to apply brake and will cut power and brake the rear to straighten you out.
As long as you are going relatively straight the computer will not intrude, as far as I can tell.
With ESP off in a standard charger R/T.
________
SophiaShine live

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
UPDATE!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!

Folks, I have it on VERY, VERY good authority that ALL 06 SRT-8 vehicles do indeed have a full off mode.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok . I cant wait to order my car

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Heck, up here, it's not so bad. I was able to drive my SRT-4 all last winter, except for maybe three days we had snow:) So I'll have a chance all right:) Even if we gotta make a visit to my sister-in-laws down in SC:)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
News flash::::::

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10203&page=2

QuikSilver said:
Yippeee!!! - Mine was built 8/05 --
Got in the car today, held the button down for 6-7 secs and walaa!!!
On the display it begins flashing "ESP Disabled" and then flashes
"ESP System deactivated" It just keeps going back and forth with these two flashes. Now to wait for DRY Pavement and no rain to see if it has the same effect as pulling fuse 17!! :banana: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Look like we can expect all Charger SRT-8s to have this. :)

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Sorry, you dont. Unless you want to do the GSM thing. Just one of the small benefits of buying the top dog. Higher or removed speed limiter, tweaked ESP software, in addition ot the hardware. All tested to factory standards, by gearheads with the biggest toybox of testing tools/facilities you can imagine.

·
Registered
403 Posts
If I could only justify another 100 a month. Man its tempting but I have the bikes and so on. I guess if I need the speed the Busa will come out and play.

·
Registered
87 Posts
so, let me see if I can get this straight. With the SRT8 we can actually remove the rev limiter? how do we know if it's getting enough fuel if we do that? Does the computer automatically compensate for that? Another thing...if I add the headers and the more free flowing exhaust without the resonators...will the computer automatically compensate for that too?

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Lanmon, your confusing the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with the rev limiter. What ESP does is selectively apply just one wheels brake to either stop wheelspin or bring the car back in line if it senses the car is getting out of control in a turn.

So smoky burnouts or sliding the ass end out in a turn (think drifting) are not really possible in a car with ESP working.

Only possible drawback is that this makes the car more dangerous for unskilled drivers.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like this is gonna be F.U.N.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts