Charger Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive seen quite a few threads about exhaust on a v6 but none have really gotten me comfortable to make a purchase. I currently just have stock exhaust on my charger and would like something a little louder (but not too loud) and meaner(but not something that id get annoyed with). i dont want to wake up the neighborhood with my car but i dont want it to have a lower deeper tone. not grungy either. i was looking into possibly getting this http://www.blastinbob.com/2005_10_Dodge_Chrysler_LX_LY_2_7L_3_5L_14db_dual_p/225ac4-v6-y.htm with some sort of muffler but id what yet. i dont want it to be really loud inside the car either. if anyone could help me out or give some suggestions id greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had a Daytona Exhaust on my 3.5L for about a year now. I could tell the difference when I first got it, but now, I barely notice it until I really gas it. You get a nice gurgle at idle and it stays pretty quiet throughout. I drive a lot of highway miles and the ride is still about as nice and quiet when I had the Stock Single Set Up. The Blastin Bobs you posted from the Clips I remember listening to were pretty loud, but then again, I'm not opposed that lols.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I don't like loud exhaust either. Quiet and powerful feels a lot better. I am gonna have a RT exhaust installed very soon, so I will be able to answer your question sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Ive seen quite a few threads about exhaust on a v6 but none have really gotten me comfortable to make a purchase. I currently just have stock exhaust on my charger and would like something a little louder (but not too loud) and meaner(but not something that id get annoyed with). i dont want to wake up the neighborhood with my car but i dont want it to have a lower deeper tone. not grungy either. i was looking into possibly getting this http://www.blastinbob.com/2005_10_Dodge_Chrysler_LX_LY_2_7L_3_5L_14db_dual_p/225ac4-v6-y.htm with some sort of muffler but id what yet. i dont want it to be really loud inside the car either. if anyone could help me out or give some suggestions id greatly appreciate it.
There are differant opinions,but I like my Mopar/Borla system.Borla has been making exhaust for Mopars for over 20 yrs,and knows Mopars.I think its a well balanced exhaust,it doesnt have any drone sound when cruising,but has a nice sound when you get into it.They claim 10 more horse,and 6 ftlbs of torque which I think is good for a exhaust.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I had the MagnaFlow 16936 on my 3.5L and I liked it.

Better than stock, not too loud. Filled both exhaust cutouts in the rear.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
The 14db kit is pretty loud, I would go with the 6db kit if you want something relatively quiet.

Very quiet
Quiet
Moderate
Loud
Very loud

Also remember that changing the suitcase will make things louder. I would recommend the 10db kit with stock suitcase, it's loud enough to get noticed and has a little bit of drone but not too much.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 14db kit is pretty loud, I would go with the 6db kit if you want something relatively quiet.

Very quiet
Quiet
Moderate
Loud
Very loud

Also remember that changing the suitcase will make things louder. I would recommend the 10db kit with stock suitcase, it's loud enough to get noticed and has a little bit of drone but not too much.
I dont realy want someting quiet, just not obnoxious. like if someones next to my car when i drive off i want them to be like "Damn" not like "ouch my ears" yah know?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I dont realy want someting quiet, just not obnoxious. like if someones next to my car when i drive off i want them to be like "Damn" not like "ouch my ears" yah know?
I have a V6 and I know exactly how you feel! I'm looking to get something that isn't outrageously expensive, but gives it the dual exhaust look while bumping up the sound a little bit - but not too much.

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
wow whats up with all you guys liking quiet exhaust.....

heres mine

set ups in the sig...

Use to own a 3.5 though and had super 40s on it. it was decently loud and had some drone in the cabin so i would stay away from both MagnaFlow and Flowmaster.

if i were you i would run Cats and Resos with no Catback....that should give you the sound your looking for with minimum drone in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I have a V6 and I know exactly how you feel! I'm looking to get something that isn't outrageously expensive, but gives it the dual exhaust look while bumping up the sound a little bit - but not too much.
Blastin Bob's 10db kit with stock suitcase would be good for you guys then. I always get nice comments about it and my neighbors don't hate me. Sound clip :

·
Registered
56 Posts
Of course everyone likes there own thing and I'll throw in my 2 cents, I had a Dynomax catback single and it was perfect. (they also make a cat back dual) Disappears while at highway cruising speed and has a mean growl when you hammer it. Not talked about much here but I thought it was nearly perfect, some even thought it sounded like a v8. It has more of a lower tone to it not the high pitch rice noise. Look into it!

·
Registered
32 Posts
That sounds like something I'd want. See, I don't want something that's quiet, but once you get it there's really no going back. So I don't want to end up with something that is too loud, and then be stuck with it. So I want something that's noticeable but not something that is ridiculously loud.

My buddy put a borla on his mustang, and as pretty as it sounds I can hear him coming two streets away to my house. I don't want to be that loud. lol.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am installing the Cherry Bomb Pro Kit for the 3.5 over Christmas. I will post some sounds in the New Year once it is done. The Danko chin spoiler is going on as well. Plus I have my rear spoiler being painted flat black as well

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Got a set of R/T R&T exhaust on my ride last Thursday. Feels really good. A deep roar when I go WOT. Most of the time it is pretty quiet.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Check out the vid I just put up. It is on a V6 and I really like it and for the price you can't beat it. If you need the details let em know and I will post them.

·
Registered
618 Posts
sounds great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts