Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone with a stock 3.5L HO V6 Charger has had any luck doing a burnout. I have a stock 2010 SXT and have tried (unsuccessfully) on a few occasions to burnout in it. I only want to be able to burnout every now and then because I do not want to mess up my transmission and/or other mechanical components. I have tried the brake and gas technique, the dump it into drive from neutral technique a.k.a. The dumbest and easiest way to screw up the tranny technique, and I have even been so desperate as to hit the gas while turning in a circle (this led to a litle smoke and barely viable tread marks on tue pavement). On top of this I have tried everything to unsuccessfully turn off the traction control. I have pretty much done everything short of buying computer chips and mods to burnout. I don't have the $$$ for mods and my car is a daily driver so I don't wanna invalidate my warranty by dropping mods on the engine. Can anyone please show me the secret to burning out in a bone stock 2010 Dodge Charger SXT 3.5L High Output lol!? (And please, don't reply if u have tons of mods in your car or if u have the Holy Hemi)

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
turn off the traction control, throw it in drive let it roll then without hitting the brakes turn the key and hold it for like 15 seconds, i don't really remember how long and that should turn off the traction control completely.

if it's really how out side then you won't be able to do it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright so all u need to so is hit the traction control button and make sure it's off. Then I start driving and then turn the key to the off position and then turn the car back on to completely disable the TCM?

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
no as the car is rolling, turn the key to the crank position, the radio and lights will go off then you'll hear a chime

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright then after that do I just go from crank to start or do I turn the car off? Also how can I re-engage the TCM after I am done?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You have be driving between 15-20km, turn the key as if you were going to turn the car on, after about 4-5 seconds the radio will go off, you will here a ding and your traction control will be completely disabled.. The car will still be running, and the only way to turn the traction control back on is by turning the car off. Once you restart the engine it will be re engaged.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Neutral drops are a very, very BAD thing.

Type of pavement plays a huge role in doing a burnout with a 3.5L

The smoother, the better, smooth concrete being the best, rough blacktop being about the worst.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@Cheif Tragedy-Once I hear the ding signaling that the TCM is off do I turn the key back to cut the engine on? (I know a lot of my questions sound dumb and rhetorical but again I don't want to mess my car up and have the dealership screw me over by invalidating my warranty because I did something) Thanks again for all the info guys!

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
@Cheif Tragedy-Once I hear the ding signaling that the TCM is off do I turn the key back to cut the engine on? (I know a lot of my questions sound dumb and rhetorical but again I don't want to mess my car up and have the dealership screw me over by invalidating my warranty because I did something) Thanks again for all the info guys!

While driving above 10mph, turn the key to the "start" position, it'll seem like you really screwed up, the lights will go out, then come back on, chimes will be dinging, and most of your warning lights will be on.

You just turn it for a few seconds, when the lights go out/flash, just let go of the key, as when starting the car.

Your ESP and BAS lights will be on.

When you shut off and restart the car, all will be back to normal, no worries

Be aware, when you do this, all safety functions are OFF! Not a good way to drive around town on a daily basis, or while pushing the limits.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright cool. I'll give it a shot and try it tomorrow. Hopefully I can finally hit one burnout lol!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice bro. That's exactly what I want to do at least once-just a small burnout and then roll out with the smoke coming!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I did not even realize the key trick worked on the sxt. But on my Magnum sxt I could always get at least a one wheel peel going by just hitting the esp button.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't done any burnouts actually, I took it off once just to do some donuts in the snow. Probably not the best for the car but it was fun lol.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
If you really want to put on a burn out smoke show, turn off the ESP and put some Clorox on the ground on/around the rear wheels. Yikes, it really spins and smokes! (Old-school trick to make a smoke show). ;)

A little bad for the tires, but great for the show!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
If you really want to put on a burn out smoke show, turn off the ESP and put some Clorox on the ground on/around the rear wheels. Yikes, it really spins and smokes! (Old-school trick to make a smoke show). ;)

A little bad for the tires, but great for the show!
Just out of curiosity how much bleach would you need. I should think it would not take much.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Just out of curiosity how much bleach would you need. I should think it would not take much.
Not much, maybe about 4 oz (125 mL). Splash it on the front of the tires/ground and let her spin!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Never done the key trick. But i have a 2007 3.5 and it did a pretty impressive burnout for a 3.5 but my tires where also bad soo maby that why.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry about the late reply guys. I tried doing the key trick a few days ago but I realized that I need more space to do it because the steering wheel locks up when you turn the key from engine on to the car on position (the electronics only on position). So today I found a larger parking lot, I hit around 10-14mph and did the key trick. The car rolled for about 15-20sec and it was then when I hit the brakes as I was running out of room. Nothing happened-no chimes, no dings. The radio stayed on, and the BAS TCM light did not come on. The attempt was a failure. I tried 3 times and didnt get nothing. Not wanting to go home unsuccesful, I tried the brake technique. I gently pressed the brakes, hit the gas but still no burnout. The car overpowered the brakes easily and I didnt feel like pressing down hard on the brakes because I cant afford new ones and because it didnt seem good for the car doing the brake-gas technique in the first place. I guess I will just have to save up for a Predator :/

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Sorry about the late reply guys. I tried doing the key trick a few days ago but I realized that I need more space to do it because the steering wheel locks up when you turn the key from engine on to the car on position (the electronics only on position). So today I found a larger parking lot, I hit around 10-14mph and did the key trick. The car rolled for about 15-20sec and it was then when I hit the brakes as I was running out of room. Nothing happened-no chimes, no dings. The radio stayed on, and the BAS TCM light did not come on. The attempt was a failure. I tried 3 times and didnt get nothing. Not wanting to go home unsuccesful, I tried the brake technique. I gently pressed the brakes, hit the gas but still no burnout. The car overpowered the brakes easily and I didnt feel like pressing down hard on the brakes because I cant afford new ones and because it didnt seem good for the car doing the brake-gas technique in the first place. I guess I will just have to save up for a Predator :/

You are turning the key the wrong way.

Turn the key to the right... "Start"
as in engaging the starter.

You are shutting the car "off"....

1 - 20 of 56 Posts