Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the 3.5L chargers didnt have enough space for headers. does anyone know if this is true or not true? or does anyone have any??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yes headers fit. There is lots of info on them and how to's and tips on the forums. JBA make nice pair of shorty headers for one. There are also long tube headers. Your choice. Just do a search and you'll find.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh sweet. thanks alot. do you know how much they run??

·
Registered
262 Posts
JBA shorty headers are $348 @ All usa Motorsports site for example. If you find a better deal on ebay or something go for it.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I was told that the 3.5L chargers didnt have enough space for headers. does anyone know if this is true or not true? or does anyone have any??
the fit well with room to spare really...

as said there are two styles available. decently quick install. i run the ceramic coated JBA's. may change if the long tubes come down in price, but so far happy with em. no problems, no leaks, all performance:bigthumb:

·
Registered
28 Posts
V-6 headers

Yes. I had the JBA shorty headers installed on my '07. I went with the titanium coated ones that will not rust and paid around $630 for them. I paid a local speed shop where I bought them about $200 to install them. :driving:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the fit well with room to spare really...

as said there are two styles available. decently quick install. i run the ceramic coated JBA's. may change if the long tubes come down in price, but so far happy with em. no problems, no leaks, all performance:bigthumb:
Hey quick question i wanted to get the long tubes with high flow cats but i also like the sound of my x pipe. Can i keep everything if i put the mufflers behind the axle?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Hey quick question i wanted to get the long tubes with high flow cats but i also like the sound of my x pipe. Can i keep everything if i put the mufflers behind the axle?
the long tubes shouldnt affect x pipes much. the headers should replace the stock manifolds and cats by position. the new catalytic converters will be right after the headers ends (should be on each side of the transmission)...

most x-pipes are where the stock pipes converge. i've seen plenty of v8's running x-pipes and long tubes so it should be a problem.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
the long tubes shouldnt affect x pipes much. the headers should replace the stock manifolds and cats by position. the new catalytic converters will be right after the headers ends (should be on each side of the transmission)...

most x-pipes are where the stock pipes converge. i've seen plenty of v8's running x-pipes and long tubes so it should be a problem.:bigthumb:
Cool thanks. Hopefully the price will drop on the longtubes before im able to buy some need new brakes and rotors :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts