Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to order a charger but not sure whether to go with the SXT or the RT. Main difference would be the engine but seems like a small difference when you look at the numbers. Yeah, there's 90 hp difference but 0-60 is only 1 sec apart? Gas consumption a est. 2 mpg difference.
Other than the bragging rights, why would I spend thousands more for 1 sec faster off the line? Any ideas? :confused:

·
Registered
331 Posts
SOLD! said:
Other than the bragging rights, why would I spend thousands more for 1 sec faster off the line? Any ideas? :confused:
One second may not seem like much, but it's a huge difference percentage wise. It all depends on how important speed is to you and what you can afford. For some, the base engine is more than enough, and yet others wouldn't even consider buying anything less than the SRT-8. You didn't mention wether or not you have already driven both models. You should never judge a car strictly by the numbers. I suggest giving both models a lengthy audition before making a decision.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Uhh, let's not forget there's all lot more acceleration to be done than just off the line. The R/Ts 0-60 hurts because it's so heavy. But once it's rolling, you're doing 90 in no time! No 3.5 can come close to touching that acceleration :D

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, from 60 on, which isn't very long, he just keeps on a going:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
The difference is more than just the engine. Someone else elaborate please.

·
Registered
352 Posts
1 second from 0-60 but almost 2 seconds in 1/4 mile. ok theres 2 mpg diff in there epa so it will cost you 161 dollars more to go 10,000 miles with the hemi , ill pay the difference to have the hemi .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've actually ordered the SXT with comfort seating group and protection group. Should be here in about 4 weeks ( or less :pray: ). Been considering the RT which would cost about 5 grand more but ended up with the cheaper option. Already have a Honda Odyssey with 250 hp and weighs 600 lbs more the charger and it goes fast. Figured I should have enough fun with the V6 without getting any tickets. Anyone heard anything about the protection group being on backorder? Anyone with any info on tracking production with a VON? Thanks a bunch. :rockon:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I will always order the R/T package mostly for resale value, But it has been my experience that everyone that we have talked to that ordered the 300 touring or base has said "i should have got the Hemi" (as long as the price difference is not a problem)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
90HP is a lot, but 140LB/TQ is even more! That's more than 50% more TQ, and TQ is more useable in everyday driving.

I suspect that the main reason the 3.5 gets decent acceleration times is due to gearing, but I could be mistaken since I haven't seen the data.

Where are you guys getting these numbers anyway?

·
Premium Member
7,632 Posts
SOLD! said:
I've actually ordered the SXT with comfort seating group and protection group. Should be here in about 4 weeks ( or less :pray: ).

Anyone heard anything about the protection group being on backorder? Anyone with any info on tracking production with a VON? Thanks a bunch. :rockon:
My R/T with Protection Group has been on order since May 15. Each call to DCX customer service I get quoted a later date for availability (now it's "not in July"). My dealer says he's going to find out what's going on and get a date. I'll post when I find out.

·
Registered
608 Posts
SOLD! said:
I've actually ordered the SXT with comfort seating group and protection group. Should be here in about 4 weeks ( or less :pray: ). Been considering the RT which would cost about 5 grand more but ended up with the cheaper option. Already have a Honda Odyssey with 250 hp and weighs 600 lbs more the charger and it goes fast. Figured I should have enough fun with the V6 without getting any tickets. Anyone heard anything about the protection group being on backorder? Anyone with any info on tracking production with a VON? Thanks a bunch. :rockon:
hey sold, to track a VON call 800-992-1997, option 2,1,5,1,then you get to talk to someone, give them you von, they can tell you your up to date status :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
VIN Tracking

Just got my VIN 10 Minutes ago. Any way on tracking with that as well... Help please I need to know where my baby is...

Thanks

Lammy

·
Registered
608 Posts
Re: VIN Tracking

lammy said:
Just got my VIN 10 Minutes ago. Any way on tracking with that as well... Help please I need to know where my baby is...

Thanks

Lammy
Hey Lammy. go to www.bramptonassembly.com Click on bulletins,you have to join the forum for a $25 donation, then you can PM speckler with your VIN, he can track it for you. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for the update. I called the 1-800 number and walked through 20 layers of options to a real person who informed me that my baby is built and walking to QA. Should be in the dealership in 2-3 weeks at the latest. I also got the surprise of calling for my insurance and finding out that it will be lower for the Charger than my wifes 5 year old 4-Runner... Gotta love that...

·
Registered
608 Posts
congrats, I wish mine was that far along, oh well :whistle:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
seeing as how the deal just gave my order to DCX today, and I ordered it with the protection package... I have a feeling it will be a long while until I see mine...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello Everyone.

I have read through a couple of the postings within this discussion and it’s great to see interest for the newly released 2006 Dodge Charger. I would like to know if anyone would mind me joing in to answer any question or concern you may have on your recent purchase and/or overall the vehicle itself?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Aliyah Z
Marketing Representative- Dodge Information Center
1-800-4ADodge/1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
98 Posts
Radarmagnet you may post your comments within the discussion or email it to me. I will look out for them and ensure that they are noted.

Aagin, if anyone has any questions regarding the Dodge Charger let me know.

Thank you,

Aliyah Z
Marketing Representative- Dodge Information Center
1-800-4ADodge/1-800-423-6343
[email protected]
www.Dodge.com

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Info man,

Welcome aboard! :wave:

I'm sure you'll get a ton of questions...such as...When can we expect to see the Mopar accessories hit dealers? I called my dealer up to get some info and he didn't have any idea what accessories I was talking about. :confused: They weren't in his system, and he hadn't seen or heard of the accessory catalog. Also, will there be any performance upgrades offered?

I REALLY want to upgrade my exhaust and intake SOON! :D :drool: :rockon:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts