Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I am new to this (and other lx sites) and I have been doing some reading on the V6 and the known supercharger which is available. Also I found some thread about a turbo kit being researched etc.

Well, I don't want to go into the debate wheter it's better to get a V8, there are a bunch of people who have a v6 who like their car and want to faster, or in some countries (like mine) the road taxes for a 3.5 are half of the V8.

Is there anybody who knows how the internals are from the 3.5? Is it an engine which has to be build to get HP out of?

Why is it so hard to tune the fuel system?

Mayby these questions have been answered in 1 of the other treads but it's kinda hard to read 1500 replies....

Thanks,

Raf

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
If you go to Thomas Knight's website (the turbo designer) he will take the time to explain everything and is quick about it. I asked him a few simple questions and he made my head spin a little bit from all of the info. Other than that, Bigcharger has it on his 2.7, PM him he might help.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Hi everybody,

I am new to this (and other lx sites) and I have been doing some reading on the V6 and the known supercharger which is available. Also I found some thread about a turbo kit being researched etc.

Well, I don't want to go into the debate wheter it's better to get a V8, there are a bunch of people who have a v6 who like their car and want to faster, or in some countries (like mine) the road taxes for a 3.5 are half of the V8.

Is there anybody who knows how the internals are from the 3.5? Is it an engine which has to be build to get HP out of?

Why is it so hard to tune the fuel system?

Mayby these questions have been answered in 1 of the other treads but it's kinda hard to read 1500 replies....

Thanks,

Raf
Well it's been said by Thomas Knight himself that our engine's internals will handle the turbo running at 8PSI...after that you would need to swap out some internals to run the turbo at higher psi.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen his setup and I like it except for the extra injector. Saw this setup from whipple in marine applic and this is not yhe right solution in my opinion.

So for my next question, is the fuel system so hard to program or reprogram?

·
Registered
902 Posts
as of now the fuel and spark are impossible to tune on these cars as Dodge will not release the codes. We are anticipating the arrival of a tuner from Diablo sports that will help with these and other problems.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
as of now the fuel and spark are impossible to tune on these cars as Dodge will not release the codes. We are anticipating the arrival of a tuner from Diablo sports that will help with these and other problems.
spark isnt impossible. msd has said it would take two different boxes...from there spark can be advanced or retarded to suit individual needs.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Is that right I hadnt heard that, I will have to get in touch with MSD and see what I need then. Really tho I think the diablo would do every thing I would need to up the boost.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have seen his setup and I like it except for the extra injector. Saw this setup from whipple in marine applic and this is not yhe right solution in my opinion.

So for my next question, is the fuel system so hard to program or reprogram?
per mr.knight

THE DIABLOSPORT TUNER ALLOWS ADJUSTMENTS FOR STOCK INJECTORS WHICH CAN ONLY WORK IF THE INJECTORS ARE LARGE ENOUGH TO HANDLE THE ADDED HP OF MY SYSTEM. THE 2.7 AND 3.5 SHARE THE SAME INJECTORS, SO THE 2.7 WITH THE DIABLOSPORT WILL WORK, WHILE THE 3.5 WILL REQUIRE A SET OF SRT INJECTORS TO HANDLE THE ADDED HP. AS FOR THE CONCERN OF THE EXTRA INJECTOR, IT IS UNFOUNDED. WHEN FUEL IS ATOMIZED AT 50+ PSI IT NO LONGER SPEWS 'DROPS' OF FUEL--RATHER, IT TURNS THE FUEL INTO A NEAR GAS STATE AS GASOLINE HAS A FLASH TEMP OF MINUS 50 DEGREES F. ALCOHOL AT 32 DEGREES F. FUEL DISTRIBUTION IS NATURALLY GOING TO BE SLIGHTLY UNEQUAL AS THE WEIGHT OF THE FUEL MOLECULES/PARTICLES ARE HEAVIER THAN AIR, SO THEY WILL BE FORCED TO THE OUTSIDE RADIUS OF ANY BEND. BUT WE ARE TALKING SUCH A SMALL DIFFERENCE THAT MOST GAUGES OR METERS WOULD NEVER TELL (SAY, 12.8:1 VS 12.9:1 AF RATIO). TRD NOW USES ONLY EXTRA INJECTORS FOR BOOST LEVELS ABOVE 3.5 PSI ON THEIR DEALER INSTALLED KITS. THE FACTORY ECU NEVER SENSES THE FUEL CHANGE.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Is that right I hadnt heard that, I will have to get in touch with MSD and see what I need then. Really tho I think the diablo would do every thing I would need to up the boost.
Heres MSDs responce.

Your application you would require two DIS boxes, the DIS-4 and DIS-2 (part numbers 62152 and 62112 respectively). Since your engine uses coil-on-plug coils the MSD boxes are the only products we have at this time that will work with your application. You need both boxes because you have a six channel ignition and the DIS-4 has four channels and the DIS-2 has two.

·
Registered
839 Posts
In mr knights response he makes it sound like the 3.5 and srt8 fuel injectors would be a direct fit. I wonder ???????????? if so I would like to know what this would do for us. Saint could you ask him?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts