Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice declienied by dealer to address the ticking issue. They say it is normal. It has gotten much worse and makes it sound like "tat, tat, tat" at idle and a almost like sputtering sound when accelerating. I need to show that it is not normal and it has been fixed by other dealers or at least addressed as a problem. Please help...it could be you next.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sweet mother of cheese...took it to jeep libertey and they are fixing it!!

So much stress to be resloved in less then 5 mins. Dodge reno you can suck my ass! I'm change my plate to jeep libertey of reno. **** ya! They popped the hood and instantly new what it was...i feel so ****ing good right now and pissed that a dodge dealer would make me take it in twice and go on a "drive with" and they still couldn't say what it was or that it was a "normal" noise. **** THEM DONT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR MONEY!!!!!!!!!:alfdance::banana::driving::locked::beerchug::rocker::clap::):biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
AAA, what was it?????

·
Registered
584 Posts
lol man post what the problem was and the solution...this guy will probably never come back =T
yeah but did post this same subject 3 times! and no solution in any of them. its making me all nervous cause i think i hear it from my car as well! we need details on the FIX!!!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
I had this same problem happen twice on my car, first it was one side and then six months later it was the other. I took it to my local dealer and they fixed it under warranty, it turned out to be the lifters. I would recommend to all that have any type of this noise to get it checked now because once your warranty runs out its a 1,500 job for each side. I didn't have to pay anything because I was covered but I over looked the paper and seen those costs.......

If you want more info check out my threads I made a awhile back when it had happened.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me....... i had 12000 miles on the car and that ticking noise was killing me...... so i took it to the dealer and they said my lifters are knocking....... so they had to replace all the lifters becuz you cant distinguish which one it is..... and they replaced the rocker arms....... now everything sounds fine..... it was covered under warranty :)

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
for those who hear this tick...do you hear it from the inside of the car or only when you lift the hood? I have this ticking too but I can only hear it when the hood is open. it doesn't increase when throttle is applied either.

·
Registered
610 Posts
It's ironic that I came across this thread because my car is having the exact same problem and the noise is extremely loud on start up. I am taking it into the stealership tomorrow morning. Will let you guys know what happens. Does a CAI void the warranty?

·
Registered
7 Posts
my cars at the dealer today getting the lifters fixed I had the same issue I was at the dealer getting my exhaust hanger fixed and the tech noticed the sound they told me nothing is wrong with my lifters its just they have new and quitter ones now (I don't believe them ). they said they were going to replaced both side I had to pay 50 bucks deductible for my warranty. the dealers ship told me when I brought it the 3.5 charger was the most reliable car and there was no issue or recall with them and 1000 mile after the factory warranty all the stuff goes wrong. in the last month I had to replace my intake plumbing 2 o2 sensor than I had a leak in my cats and now the lifters IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD BE EXPECTING TO GO WRONG or HAVE THE DEALER CHECK OUT WHILE ITS THERE

·
Registered
971 Posts
I had the tic for about 2 days then I checked my oil and it was a little low. Put some more royal purple in and the tic went away.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have the tick when I open the hood. I hear it could be lifters, or the valves tapping... Im taking it on Monday (tomorrow) to the dealer, still under warranty and Im going to ask to listen to another SXT, if its the same Ill ask about it, if its not Im going to the parts and telling them something is wrong lol. Ill give anyone a heads up if something is up, again it happens to me only when I pop the hood.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ordering parts for the fix...

They siad it was the rocker arms that have too much play. After it gets fixed I'll post a more detailed post and a before and after video of the sound.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's ironic that I came across this thread because my car is having the exact same problem and the noise is extremely loud on start up. I am taking it into the stealership tomorrow morning. Will let you guys know what happens. Does a CAI void the warranty?
Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: A performance intake won't cause you to fail smog, and installing one won't void your vehicle's warranty. Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, dealerships cannot deny you warranty service on your vehicle unless they can directly prove the aftermarket part (in this case, an air intake) is the cause of damage to your engine - a highly unlikely scenario. In fact, dealerships carry both performance filters and intakes, and may even try to up-sell you on either item when you're shopping for a vehicle.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have the tick when I open the hood. I hear it could be lifters, or the valves tapping... Im taking it on Monday (tomorrow) to the dealer, still under warranty and Im going to ask to listen to another SXT, if its the same Ill ask about it, if its not Im going to the parts and telling them something is wrong lol. Ill give anyone a heads up if something is up, again it happens to me only when I pop the hood.
i took mine in today, and they said it was the spark plugs... but the ticking goes away under acceleration. so i don't know... however, they did say if it gets worse to come back. tomorrow i am going to swing by and see if they can start a 3.5L for me so i can compare as well.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i took mine in today, and they said it was the spark plugs... but the ticking goes away under acceleration. so i don't know... however, they did say if it gets worse to come back. tomorrow i am going to swing by and see if they can start a 3.5L for me so i can compare as well.
Yeah, I listened to another 3.5L...

And its nowhere near as loud as mine lol...

So next Monday I am bringing it in and telling them...also mention to them you may think its the Lifters or the runner valves...makes it sound like you know something :beerchug: lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah, I listened to another 3.5L...

And its nowhere near as loud as mine lol...

So next Monday I am bringing it in and telling them...also mention to them you may think its the Lifters or the runner valves...makes it sound like you know something :beerchug: lol
yeah i told him it might be the lifters, since i know alot of chargers who had teh problem. He tried to give me some lame excuse about coolant and such. I asked him what the heck that has to do with lifters, and he couldn't answer. freaking dealers. I'm going tomorrow and pulling up next to another charger to see the sound difference. Its not loud, just annoying tick.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts