Charger Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2006 rt went through a brutal winter and one thing led to another so I'm just revamping everything that is wrong with my car. Somehow snow leaked through my sunroof and got down to my 2 front (3.5 inch) dash speakers. They are now blown.

Problem is, I can't find any replacements and every site i visit or place i call tells me they have nothing that is compatible with my car. I am wondering if they just don't know what there talking about. Im sure people have replaced and/or upgraded their 3.5s on their chargers. I can't be the first.

I have looked through many forums and they all replace theirs but don't say what speakers they used as replacements (or maybe Im just slow) So I'm just curious.

What speakers could I use? What did you use? Whats compatible? Im not looking to go crazy with speakers, just a simple replacement and I'm looking at no more the $50 for a set.

Im willing to even take stock speakers if anybody has an extra set lying around.

Please Help Me!!!

p.s. also looking for passenger side fender, spoiler, interior mid console cover, shifter, front fascia, passenger side speaker (6x9) (brilliant black) If anybody has any spare parts let me know. :alfdance:

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have stock alpines that came with my bee (if you are interested)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I put these in Infinity Reference 3002CFX 3-1/2" Car Speakers
they are ok

·
Registered
735 Posts
there is an extensive thread http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2824618#post2824618

that guy knows his **** so you can ask him
my opinion is that a 3.5 inch speaker should fit, the 3002s I spoke about above fit fine. My issue was that the stock speakers don't have a big cone and the panel sits right on top of them... so you need something with a really low cone like 3002s.

I suggest you take out your speaker and take a look. I don't think you need any harness but I'm speaking form updating speakers on a 2012

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put these in Infinity Reference 3002CFX 3-1/2" Car Speakers
they are ok
Yeah I read your thread, thats why I was so hesitant to order any other speakers rather then stock. Hope everything worked out.

I have my 3.5 next to me as we speak, ill take some pics for the sake of it. I saw the alpines online and they look similar. Do you think it would be worth it just to upgrade my speakers/ How do you like yours compared to stock?

Also did you have to buy anything else rather then the speakers? Any adjustments/modifications that needed to be made?

·
Registered
735 Posts
which ones are you interested in ?
I have the stock alpines and these I could sell.
Does your current system have an amp?

·
Registered
735 Posts
when you took the speakers out, did you notice how much room you have between the top of the cone and the dash board cover? what zip would you want this to be shipped to?

·
Registered
735 Posts
if you are still interested, I can post a pic tonight. I can do like 20 bucks plus shipping

·
Registered
735 Posts
hey sorry
totally forgot about this
are you still interested? I can send you pics tonight

·
Registered
735 Posts

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.