Charger Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys need some advice on this one, as of now running AEM Brute Force CAI with Diablo Intune running 89 canned tune. Looking into a true catback exhaust like borla, magnaflow, etc. My question is there one out there that can give a little more power to our 3.5s or will it just be for sound? Looking for a little more power behind the V6 besides supercharger.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Hey guys need some advice on this one, as of now running AEM Brute Force CAI with Diablo Intune running 89 canned tune. Looking into a true catback exhaust like borla, magnaflow, etc. My question is there one out there that can give a little more power to our 3.5s or will it just be for sound? Looking for a little more power behind the V6 besides supercharger.
Exhaust on our cars really doesn't improve the power really much like adding a CAI adds power it's mostly for sound and parring with other modifications to gain power.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exhaust on our cars really doesn't improve the power really much like adding a CAI adds power it's mostly for sound and parring with other modifications to gain power.
Well that sure sucks so basically if i wanted any power gain at all it would be supercharger or trade in for hemi?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Well that sure sucks so basically if i wanted any power gain at all it would be supercharger or trade in for hemi?
Sort of.

When matching modifications you gain performance. So CAI + Tuner + Aftermarket Dual exhaust = Performance. The tuner is pretty much the only thing in that equation that gives you noticeable power everything else is there to help the engine work more efficiently. Basically you did all your bolt ons except for headers which might be something to look into, but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Check out the link in my signature about V6 performance and the rough gains you may get :beerchug:

However, if you're looking for major power gain then yes, a supercharger is your best bet.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sort of.

When matching modifications you gain performance. So CAI + Tuner + Aftermarket Dual exhaust = Performance. The tuner is pretty much the only thing in that equation that gives you noticeable power everything else is there to help the engine work more efficiently. Basically you did all your bolt ons except for headers which might be something to look into, but I'm not sure if it's worth it or not. Check out the link in my signature about V6 performance and the rough gains you may get :beerchug:

However, if you're looking for major power gain then yes, a supercharger is your best bet.
Actually Steve the thread was the first thing I looked at before I even got the CAI for mine :bigthumb:. Mainly I was curious if I added all 3 of these together if anyone has noticed a difference and how exactly will my programmer make the difference with these 2 added. I know I have read people going in and changing stuff but that's out of my field plus my Intune won't even load up anymore when I plug it into my laptop!!:confused:

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Actually Steve the thread was the first thing I looked at before I even got the CAI for mine :bigthumb:. Mainly I was curious if I added all 3 of these together if anyone has noticed a difference and how exactly will my programmer make the difference with these 2 added. I know I have read people going in and changing stuff but that's out of my field plus my Intune won't even load up anymore when I plug it into my laptop!!:confused:
Word! Well I had my exhaust done first though it's off an R/T so not exactly made for ultimate performance for a V6 let alone lightweight, sucker is HUGE. Didn't notice any gains or losses, then I added a CAI, didn't notice any gains of the sort but the engine sounded nice. It wasn't until I added the Predator that I can actually feel a better throttle response, is my car faster? I dunno, never raced a stocked Charger...though I'd like to hit the drag strip and do that just to see.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Steve for the help. Not sure if I will get a catback or not but if so will let ya know and give you my opinion on it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just ordered the corsa single in dual out split for our car. Model number 14442 blk
The blk is just the black exhaust tips. A bit pricey but after much research I decided it was the right one for me. Great sound and it was built for our car unlike just swapping out for true duals with an rt exhaust. A lot of people go very large wi the piping and actually hinder performance. I know most will tell you to do some research and just find what fits your needs. IMO find something built for the v6. Not built for another car and make it work. Corsa advertises about a 10 hp gain on is exhaust for the 3.5l . I'm going to try and Dyno before and after. I do have the trinity which will definatly give me what I'm looking for. A little more pep in its step :)

I also have jba shorties that I wanted to install. I got them cheap from another member but wish I had found ceramic coated ones as I found a few members who have gone he stainless route and had some issues. Ill be contacting jba to see if I can send my set in to have them coated. Good luck with search for your exhaust!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Word! Well I had my exhaust done first though it's off an R/T so not exactly made for ultimate performance for a V6 let alone lightweight, sucker is HUGE. Didn't notice any gains or losses, then I added a CAI, didn't notice any gains of the sort but the engine sounded nice. It wasn't until I added the Predator that I can actually feel a better throttle response, is my car faster? I dunno, never raced a stocked Charger...though I'd like to hit the drag strip and do that just to see.
Quick question for Steve here, sorry to add to the thread, but it have the 3.5 with full dual exhaust and no resos, I'm actually thinking about adding two super tens in the back to quiet her down... How much will it kill the sound when I step on the gas, I have 2 super 44 series mufflers now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Quick question for Steve here, sorry to add to the thread, but it have the 3.5 with full dual exhaust and no resos, I'm actually thinking about adding two super tens in the back to quiet her down... How much will it kill the sound when I step on the gas, I have 2 super 44 series mufflers now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I honestly I'm not sure, sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just ordered the corsa single in dual out split for our car. Model number 14442 blk
The blk is just the black exhaust tips. A bit pricey but after much research I decided it was the right one for me. Great sound and it was built for our car unlike just swapping out for true duals with an rt exhaust. A lot of people go very large wi the piping and actually hinder performance. I know most will tell you to do some research and just find what fits your needs. IMO find something built for the v6. Not built for another car and make it work. Corsa advertises about a 10 hp gain on is exhaust for the 3.5l . I'm going to try and Dyno before and after. I do have the trinity which will definatly give me what I'm looking for. A little more pep in its step :)

I also have jba shorties that I wanted to install. I got them cheap from another member but wish I had found ceramic coated ones as I found a few members who have gone he stainless route and had some issues. Ill be contacting jba to see if I can send my set in to have them coated. Good luck with search for your exhaust!
Make sure to say whether u can tell a difference or not. If you get dynos definitely want to see the before and after effect

·
Registered
8 Posts
Make sure to say whether u can tell a difference or not. If you get dynos definitely want to see the before and after effect
Definatly no problem. Hoping I can get the Dyno done if I can find an awd Dyno close by it will happen. Gonna be a few weeks before the exhaust arrives. The black tips were special order so ill keep you guys updated .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts