Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. I have a 2006 sxt 3.5 and I want to know:

a) if DIY cais are any different from brand made one's like k and n. And I'm very sorry if this is asked a lot :p

b) also I was wondering if this would even give the car any power or make it louder

c) is an entire exhaust system worth it? or will a flowmaster muffler be enough?

I'm young and I don't have the biggest budget, maybe around 1000$ at the most, but my cousin knows how to make a CAI and install a muffler. I'm just worried it might be dangerous hahaha thank you for your time! other suggestions definitely welcome :beerchug:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Get the Cai made by AFE. YOU CAN JUST ADD a 1 in 2 out muffler. Yes car will be louder. This will cost you less than $400. Don't go the homemade route on cai. The muffler should be 2.5 in 2.25 on outlets. I suggest the Cherrybomb Vortex muffler.:driving:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice! thank you. should this be done online or is there stores I could go to?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Nothing wrong with the cheap CAI, either DIY or the Ebay variety. No distinguishable difference in power between them and the more expensive name brand ones.

As for exhaust, I'd recommend trying to find a used R/T exhaust to put on your car

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried looking... is it something you did? I heard it makes the v6 not sound very good :( probably not true though. I'll just have to look online maybe

Sent from my SGH-I747M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Using a used R/T exhaust doesn't make it sound weird, but it doesn't make it sound awesome either. It's quiet enough to not be annoying and is a dual exhasut so it fills both cut outs on the rear bumper for a better look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts