Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I currently have a 2019 Dodge Charger RT+ 5.7L. By next month I will have the following mods installed: Corsa Intake, Corsa Headers, 180* thermostat, mishimoto oil catch can, diablossport trinity t2. I also have BC coilovers installed. I am looking into the different rear gear ratios I could go with and have found a lot of info about them for the 5.7...but I didn't see a lot of follow up or specificity on those threads. My main question is, which would be the best gear the 5.7 (especially with the mods I have listed above,) and would you choose a different gear based on the fact my future plans are to install a jay greene 1.5 cam, 3200 stall torque converter, and a procharger down the road.

Thanks in advance for any help and feedback. I was looking at the 3.09 on Rock Auto and wanted to be sure before pulling the trigger. If you have any sites with better prices that would also be greatly appreciated.

Joe

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard that the 3.09 gears are the best middle ground, and those are what I plan to put in mine. The 3.70 and 3.90 gears from what I have heard are a bit too much especially with the 8 speed.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Would make 1st gear useless.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I went to 3.06 from 2.65 and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
It's a shame that the 3.45 gear from the Durangos or another suitable donor can't be used. I think that would wake things up a bit, without causing too much fuss for the 8 speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts