Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, isnt the TCM the "transmission control module"?

Does anyone know if this module effects acceleration?

Last week I had the dealer flash the SRT version on my daytona like they did on my previous R/T (which really made the car shift better), except the Daytona seemed not to like it and the car was alot more sluggish off the line in autostick and drive

Today I brought it back, and had them flash it back for the 5.7, the TCM flash they put in ended in AB, and the car seems even more sluggish when you get on the pedal. Instead of responding immediately to me giving it gas and gettin up n going right away when id juice it, it slowly increases then picks up about 2 seconds later. It feels gradual like a luxury car instead of peppy and "launching" foward when I slam the gas.

Is this something the car will eventually work out on its own, or is it the TCM flash itself thats causing this, that no matter what, will not change no matter how hard I drive the car?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Your car must have OD'd on flashes, maybe need an intervention :)

·
Registered
898 Posts
lol
maybe newer models dont take the flash that good

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Ok, isnt the TCM the "transmission control module"?

Does anyone know if this module effects acceleration?

Last week I had the dealer flash the SRT version on my daytona like they did on my previous R/T (which really made the car shift better), except the Daytona seemed not to like it and the car was alot more sluggish off the line in autostick and drive

Today I brought it back, and had them flash it back for the 5.7, the TCM flash they put in ended in AB, and the car seems even more sluggish when you get on the pedal. Instead of responding immediately to me giving it gas and gettin up n going right away when id juice it, it slowly increases then picks up about 2 seconds later. It feels gradual like a luxury car instead of peppy and "launching" foward when I slam the gas.

Is this something the car will eventually work out on its own, or is it the TCM flash itself thats causing this, that no matter what, will not change no matter how hard I drive the car?
AK is the newest flash as far as I know.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AK is the newest flash as far as I know.
wow, wonder when they pull up the vin on my 07 daytona why they would even find the AB flash to put in.

I still dont know how these flashes effect the cars acceleration and response to when you floor it, but i guess they obviously do

1 - 6 of 6 Posts