3. Rain Date: Saturday, August 9, 2008

4. Time: 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.

5. Classes (awards to the top 2 in each class):
- Pre-WWII (all makes/models)
- Classic GM (WWII-1978)
- Classic Ford (WWII-1978)
- Classic Mopar (WWII-1978)
- Classic Foreign/Import (WWII-1978)
- Classic Truck/SUV (WWII – 1978) (all makes/models)
- Modern GM (1978 and newer)
- Modern Ford (1978 and newer)
- Modern Mopar (1978 and newer)
- Modern Truck/SUV (1978 and newer) (all makes/models)
- AMC (all years)
- Street Rods / Pro Street / Race Cars
- American/Domestic Tuner
- Foreign/Import Tuner
- Sport Bikes
- Cruisers/Dressers

6. Additional Awards:
- Best Interior
- Best Paint
- Best Display
- Best Engine
- Kid’s Choice (have 3 awards that are picked by kids at the show)
- Best of Show
- Best Club Participation

7. The band has been booked (thanks TriDom!)

8. Awards have been selected.

9. I will probably rent a Space Walk for the kids.

10. Dash plaques have been designed and will be given to the first 50 registered entrants.

11. Food: I've asked Don's Hot Dogs and The Pink Ladies Cafe to be the food vendors.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a list of around 150 (so far) people, clubs, organizations, etc. to whom I will be sending out personal invitations to the show.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Sounds good to me, I should be around still (2010 to San Diego). Lauren and I will most likely be able to help out again, the first one was a blast!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good to me, I should be around still (2010 to San Diego). Lauren and I will most likely be able to help out again, the first one was a blast!
San Diego in 2010???? Man, that sucks (although the weather is MUCH nicer out there). You'll have to carry the HRME name out there with ya. :D

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am working on (what I consider to be) a significant change to the car show for next year....as well as future shows. I can't say too much now :silenced: , but please keep checking back. I hope to have this finalized within 2-4 weeks.

This "change" does not affect the date, location, time, etc. of the show.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
uh oh it is all hush hush and whatnot, I wanna know what's going on!!!!!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
uh oh it is all hush hush and whatnot, I wanna know what's going on!!!!!
In good time "little buddy." :D

I've just started the process, and I want to hear something back before I say anything...because I KNOW you can't keep a secret. :lol:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I can keep a secret with everyone that I tell it to, lol. Can we get a hint??? The suspense is killing me!!!!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imporant Announcement

It is official!!! The HRME Back to School Bash is now an official annual charity event to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

St. Jude was founded by the late entertainer Danny Thomas for the sole purpose of conducting basic and clinical research into catastrophic childhood diseases, mainly cancer. St. Jude is the largest childhood cancer research center in the world, having treated children from all 50 states and from around the world. Additionally, St. Jude is the only pediatric research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance, and families without insurance are never asked to pay.

For more information on St. Jude, please visit http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f2bfab46cb118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

·
Registered
536 Posts
It is official!!! The HRME Back to School Bash is now an official annual charity event to benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
That's awesome!
when my daughter was 30 days old she had surgery a childrens hospital (Not St Judes). But the concept was the same and all rooms for babies included a bed for a parent, shower and meals, with no additional fees for it.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's awesome!
when my daughter was 30 days old she had surgery a childrens hospital (Not St Judes). But the concept was the same and all rooms for babies included a bed for a parent, shower and meals, with no additional fees for it.
Thanks, GG. Hopefully, you and Feros will be able to come up for the show.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Awesome!!! Glad to see it worked out and for such a good cause!

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am quite excited (and honored) about it.

I've updated the car show page on the website. I still have some stuff to add...like the registration sheet and the flyer. I'm also going to try to get an online registration set up. When I do, SB, will you be my test subject to see if it works?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So far, I've had about 15 people (from a number of different forums) tell me that they'll definitely be at the show. That's half the number of participants at this year's show back in August. :D

1 - 20 of 246 Posts