Charger Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it was confirmed a few days ago that the Caliber SRT-4 will have 285hp, which to me, seems like a fast little pocket car...100+ more HP than the normal Cailber.

Geez....is that faster than the v6's Chargers?...it sure has more HP than a Avenger R/T, but the Charger as we know is rwd, so I have no idea if that holds an advantage over a fwd Caliber.....

I am not a motor head, nor do I have any clue of racing (street or track), 0-60 times, etc....I just cruise the roads, but could this little rocket be a threat?

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/caliber-srt4.html

- Mark

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Given its weight, 285HP is a HUGE LETDOWN

Word on the street is 14.6 in the 1/4 mile and that will leave it eating the dust of all of its competition

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Dont believe that for a second. 285hp (which I suspect will be close to whp, if not right there and about 3200-3400lbs (cant find an exact number) should move right along. That 14.6 is a sucker bet. Dont take it. :)

My guess, knowing SRT? If that sucker doesnt pull off regular high 13s, I'll be surprised. Check back with me about mid October, after a few owners have had a chance at the track:)

They took one to the Mopars at the TRack Event, ran down a track prepped Neon SRT ACR, and kept up with Dale Seeleys blown M3. Seely said afterwards that while he wouldnt trade his Stage 3, One Lap prepped, Neon for it, he would take it over a stock Neon SRT any day.

And Dale loves him some Neon SRT:)

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Dont believe that for a second. 285hp (which I suspect will be close to whp, if not right there and about 3200-3400lbs (cant find an exact number) should move right along. That 14.6 is a sucker bet. Dont take it. :)

My guess, knowing SRT? If that sucker doesnt pull off regular high 13s, I'll be surprised. Check back with me about mid October, after a few owners have had a chance at the track:)

They took one to the Mopars at the TRack Event, ran down a track prepped Neon SRT ACR, and kept up with Dale Seeleys blown M3. Seely said afterwards that while he wouldnt trade his Stage 3, One Lap prepped, Neon for it, he would take it over a stock Neon SRT any day.

Yeah, and when the SRT-4 originally hit it was understated just as this one most likely is. The seconed MY they bumped the rated HP by 10-15 (If i rember correctly).

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
Yep, world was shocked when Sport Compact Car dynoed a 2003 SRT-4 and came out right about 215, rated crank power. Next year, rated went up to 230, and sure enough thats where the majority of them dynoed. 2003s got that same power with a simple Stage 1 kit for under $400, new computer and injectors.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Now all they need to do is to deposit that engine into the 2600lb Demon. :)

·
Registered
10,177 Posts

We will see. I would hope that it would be faster than the Neon SRT4 or just as fast but with AWD

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
No AWD, darn optimists:)

(crushes hope into small ball, makes perfect shot into trash can)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts