Charger Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made 2 trips to Oregon now and both have impressed me. Something about that Superchips programmer that keeps it in 4 cylinder mode a lot longer. Fewer 4cyl to 8 cyl cycling. I drove 192 miles averaging 70-75mph and the gas tank would not take anymore than 7.10 gallons......that equals 27.04mpg. I'm impressed. Just blown away that the Hemi 5.7 gets almost the same mpg as my wife's 2000 300M 252HP V-6 that gets around 28mpg hwy.
MDS Technology you just can't beat.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That's great! I agree that the Superchips keeps it in 4 cylinder mode longer as well. The "Reduce Torque Management" feature on the Superchips has a lot to do with the better gas mileage also.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mpg

Yes, the "Reduced Torque Management" has alot to do with the mpg gain. Just having a Superchips Programmer has impressed me from when I installed it last month. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mpg

It's got to be those headers and the fan mod, getting you up to 28mpg.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
It's got to be those headers and the fan mod, getting you up to 28mpg.
I actually got 28 before I got headers, when I just had catbacks and SC. I haven't really taken any trips since I've had my headers. So who knows what kind of mpg I can get now.

·
Registered
584 Posts
It would be very interesting if you did the exact same trip and left it in 5 instead of drive. I'm told this would prohibit the MDS from kicking in. I wonder how much of the good mileage comes from MDS?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
We frequently drive to Charlotte from Atlanata and the best milage I got before the Superchips Flashpaq was 24mpg.

Upgraded to the Performance 91 octane setting and last trip I averaged 27.
Thats with an average speed around 80-85mph and the occasional WOT blast.

Last trip, on the way back I drove from Asheville, through Charlotte and back to Atlanta and still had almost a 1/4 tank of gas!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Yes, the "Reduced Torque Management" has alot to do with the mpg gain. Just having a Superchips Programmer has impressed me from when I installed it last month. Very satisfied.
i was unaware the superchips programmer did that.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It definitely does. That and the raised shift points, including the added HP are the main reasons I bought it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Slow it down to 60-65 mph and it should go up to over 29 mpg. In most parts of Oregon, I believe the speed limit is lower anyway, isn't it? They say that above 60-65 mph you start losing about 5% for every 5 mph increase in speed. Works for me.

·
Registered
10,657 Posts
well I guess yall need to get your diablos so I can buy your used superchips dirt cheap and try it. :)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I am a big fan of the Superchips, but the MDS kicks in way to much for city driving....and when you have Zoomers (or another cat-back) it can get very annoying.....

I would love the SC to have "MDS Disable" since 95% of my driving is city...then I could enable it for my 300mi round trips...........to drive in auto-stick mode around the city is annoying to me.

- Mark

·
Registered
93 Posts
Slow it down to 60-65 mph and it should go up to over 29 mpg. In most parts of Oregon, I believe the speed limit is lower anyway, isn't it? ...
Yes it is, and they are very PROUD of their speed limit up there. I'm there a couple of times a year on avg. Lots of 55MPH areas and such. City driving can be even worse...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts