Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know of one SRT8 owner who has installed 255/45R20 Toyo Proxes 4 tires on all four corners with no rubbing. Anyone else tried this set up?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
You can run 275s on all 4 as well ;)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Mine works fine. So did my SXT.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can run 275s on all 4 as well ;)
Do the look weird? I would think they are a little too wide for the wheels, causing the sidewall to bow. Did you notice a reduction in fuel mileage due to additional rolling resistance? How's the tire wear?

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Do the look weird? I would think they are a little too wide for the wheels, causing the sidewall to bow. Did you notice a reduction in fuel mileage due to additional rolling resistance? How's the tire wear?
Here is 275s

And I ahvent noticed a diffrence, I have 53K on them....and there DONE!

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
here is both sizes for you to judge....
I run 255/45/20 Toyo Proxes 4's in front....
And 275/40/20 Hancook Ventus in the rear

This combo handles great, but as soon as the fronts wear out I am going to 275's all around...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
A lot of people have black SRT's huh? haha (it's the fastest color by the way) :p

·
Premium Member
15,199 Posts
A lot of people have black SRT's huh? haha (it's the fastest color by the way) :p

A lot do, but speed isnt determined by quantity:) Some of us have red ones:) which also hold 275/40s in the front just fine. On stock wheels. This of course applies to stock SRT wheels. I cannot speak for non stock wheels on non-SRT cars.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm running 275/40/20 Hankook Ventus on all four corners. No rubbing whatsoever. I took some photographs and had them posted on this site awhile back. The photos showed the clearance between the tire and the control arm. It's close, but it clears nonetheless. The other good thing about running the 275/40's is the fact they are the same height as the stock 245's, so your speedometer won't need to be adjusted. And last, IMHO, the 275's work out much better than the 245's due to the fact the stock rim is 9 inches wide.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I went with the 255/45r20 Toyo Proxes 4 all the way around. Ironically, while the tread pattern is better looking, in my opinion, the sidewall is bland, when compared to the F1s.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
Almost. Just a half second behind silver.:slap:
phfrssst....Your both at least a full sec. behind the Inferno Red!!:cowsmile:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah but if you don't take care of the paint on your inferno red it will be a pink SRT. :p And silver!?!?! Thats not really a paint color at all, they just clear coated the steel!! :D Black is the fastest.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I'm running 275/40/20 Hankook Ventus on all four corners. No rubbing whatsoever. I took some photographs and had them posted on this site awhile back. The photos showed the clearance between the tire and the control arm. It's close, but it clears nonetheless. The other good thing about running the 275/40's is the fact they are the same height as the stock 245's, so your speedometer won't need to be adjusted. And last, IMHO, the 275's work out much better than the 245's due to the fact the stock rim is 9 inches wide.
I like that you did your homework and found some that are the same size as the OE but how do you like the brand hankook?

·
Registered
366 Posts
I like that you did your homework and found some that are the same size as the OE but how do you like the brand hankook?
I will let you know today. :) Ordered a set of 4 275's Ventus ST's and im installing them this morning and then going to test them a bit.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Updates? Anything left? haha

·
Registered
366 Posts
Updates? Anything left? haha
I was just about to post a comment :)

The tires are great and have a really nice sidewall. They handle very well and to me 400% better than the RSA's

I will update when the weather is wet for wet testing :rocker:

Other than that this tire so far has my vote - now to see treadwear :driving:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Well ANYTHING is better than the RSA's haha. Good to hear your happy with them. :beerchug:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts