Charger Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has already been asked/answered. (too lazy to look for the thread). I am going to have to put some tires on the SRT8 soon, and I was wondering if anyone has put 255/45/20 all the way around. If so are there any problems with doing this? Thanks in advance:grin: :nervous s

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
can anyone chime in on this? I have searched around and don't see where anyone is running these all around. Also looking for suggestions on a good all season tire choice. Thanks

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Ok I kinda got an answer. I bought my Bee 1,000 miles ago as a demo. Had 6,000 when I bought it. I just noticed today that the dealership rotated the tires and put the 255's on the front. I have been driving around like that for a month. No issues.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has already been asked/answered. (too lazy to look for the thread). I am going to have to put some tires on the SRT8 soon, and I was wondering if anyone has put 255/45/20 all the way around. If so are there any problems with doing this? Thanks in advance:grin: :nervous s
I believe that 255/45/20 is the standard size for SRT rear tires, unless you have the RSA's, then you get 245/45/20's all around. So, the 255/45's should be fine all around.

I have the RSA's, and will upgrade in about 6 months to different rubber. No need for RSAs in Texas, so I will be looking at 255/45/20's. FYI, Some folks are staggering big rubber on the rear (275/40/20), and 245/45/20 on the front. Also, there are more brand options now in the 20s. I was actually leaning towards the Falken 452's, to have more of a sport tire look and less of a truck-tread look. Take you time and browse the board before you decide.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. yeah I did have the rsa's with 245/45 20 all the way around. tread wear is only 260, I was looking at some tire that had a tread wear of 500. I only have about 19k on the car now, but I will need a better tire for the winter than those damn RSA's.

·
Registered
313 Posts
i just replaced my f1's with toyo's 255 's all the way around -- no issues

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
I guess I am the only one with 255's in the front and 245's in the rear. LOL

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
You may start a new trend.... I want 305's on the front. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
13,502 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 255/45/20s on all four corners with an eibach pro kit and dont have any problems.

I really like the Toyo Poxes 4 that I recently purchased, they ride fantansic and look killer, best looking tires I have seen on a Charger

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Well, at least your speedometer was correct until you switched them back!

:grin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts