Just broke 250K

What a great purchase

Engine still running strong

Love this car

Reactions: Dab King

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I'm at about 109k miles now and it feels like it's just broken in. 9 years old and I still love driving it everyday 24/7/365.

Even if I buy another car for daily driving, I'm keeping this one. It's just too damned good to ever give up!

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Just broke 250K

What a great purchase

Love this car

I feel ya! I'm at 96k and can't wait to get that 100k mile license plate from Chrysler.

·
Registered
366 Posts
250k!!! Your car has gone to the moon! Now just to bring it back haha... I am going to try so hard to make my car last that long. I picture these cars becoming new classic muscle cars in 20 years

Edit: My car has 151k and runs pretty damn near new. My uncle took amazing care of it and I plan to do the same

·
Super Moderator
11,618 Posts
I hit 100k miles in December.

Car still runs/looks like new.

Still can't sell it though... :(

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just broke 250K

What a great purchase

Love this car

wow that`s great brother!!!! its really a credit to you and all you guys who take care of there car`s and this special vehicle

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
That's awesome!!

I am no where near those miles I am sitting at 54k....I need to drive this car more!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Great hearing stories of longevity out of these cars. Often, all we hear is "tranny gone at 40K", or "motor blew at 65K". I'm only up to 47K on mine, but glad to hear they can run strong for many miles to come.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i have 117k miles on mines. my damn oil dipstick just broke. I feel the same way you do ddaddy, i really want a hellcat charger and often think whats the point in having two four-door srt8s

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is the tranny doing? You should be about due for a new one. Clutch packs.
Forward gears are great

Reverse has a shimmy when I back up my driveway

Can't figure out why it only shakes in reverse

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone remember the episode of the Flinstones when the devil Fred popped up or the angle Fred? Or how about Animal House when the freshman was alone with the young girl?

DevilCaesar - get the HELLCAT! Burn and pillage

AngelCaesar - that car is evil. You don't need 707HP. You are old, get a 300C and call it a day. More luxury!

I have had so many races over 120mph in my 6.1 that I probably don't need that much power. It will lead to evil things!

But in over 9 years in the 6.1 I have never even gotten a speeding ticket

decisions
decisions

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Items replaced in 250K

Normal wear items - 3 sets of rotors, pads, tires, etc. Tune ups twice

Repairs

Throttle body - 97K
Tie rod ends - 130K
Radiator and water pump - 165K
Front shocks - 190K
Front control arms, sway bar links - 220K

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Anyone here old enough to remember the term "Italian tune-up"?

Back in the days of multiple carbs the Lambo would run 3 barrel carbs on its V12. Too much low speed driving would cause them to get clogged and the plugs to foul. The treatment for that was several extended blast to redline of 8000RPM.

My car is the same. If I go too many weeks without opening it up I get a CEL and bad performance. But a few runs to 130mph clears it right up

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Forward gears are great

Reverse has a shimmy when I back up my driveway

Can't figure out why it only shakes in reverse
How many times have you had the tranny serviced is the 250k miles?

I've only done mine once so far at 96k miles.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How many times have you had the tranny serviced is the 250k miles?

I've only done mine once so far at 96k miles.
I don't know if it has been serviced at all actually

I used to have an Intrigue for my wife. Dealer sold me on a service for it at 75K and the tranny blew out within a week

2 replacement trannies blew out before I got one that worked and it was never as smooth

So I have this phobia about servicing a perfectly running trans

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I don't know if it has been serviced at all actually

I used to have an Intrigue for my wife. Dealer sold me on a service for it at 75K and the tranny blew out within a week

2 replacement trannies blew out before I got one that worked and it was never as smooth

So I have this phobia about servicing a perfectly running trans
Interesting. Well, it's good to know that it has been able to go this long without service. It might also explain the reverse chatter you experience.

Do you notice that it slips a bit before it warms up on cold days?

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When the oil temp is below 150 degrees - on some of the real cold days I actually get some shimmies in forward gears. I have found that by waiting for the oil temps to rise before I hammer it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts