Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What up I'm about to get some 24s by 10, will I be able to lower the car with out modifications like rolling the fenders etc? If i can do it without doing any other work, what lowering kit would do it best? Let me know thanx

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
you will for sure need to roll your fenders. No doubt about it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
X2, definitely going to need at least a fender roll to make those babies not rub. I know alot of people say 9.5s are the widest you could go up front, especially in a 24, but you can probably get away with the 10" width on there. Might rub a bit when turned all the way, but shouldnt be anything too serious. I think there's a guy on here with an SRT8 that has 24 x 10s on his ride.... dont know if its lowered or not though. We'll see if he chimes in or not!

Another thing to watch out for, running a 275/25 tire or a 255/30 tire on these wheels wont be the same as most other people. Stretching the tire acorss that extra half an inch flattens em out a little bit more, so ull be riding on even less meat. Watch out for potholes! Best of luck to you, make sure you post pics when you're done!

-Pat

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Just saw your last post... If you go with a 9.5, im pretty sure you can get away without having to roll them.

Only a matter of time before sLOWDOHC chimes in to confirm this one though. I think thats what hes running, and I dont think hes having any problems with em rubbing.

-Pat

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Thanks for the reply man. What if i go 9.5 will that half an inch make a diff. so I wont have to roll em?
with 24's and lowering I am almost certain you will have to roll your fenders no matter how wide they are.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea i think i know which one you talkin bout, black srt 8 with 5 spoke 24s on it. Well we will see if i go with the 10s i dont really wanna roll the fenders and now that you say that about the tire too you got me thinkin. I was gonna go 275/25 but that half inch is gonna stretch that thing even more, im gonna have to leave that up to we'll see. More input appreciated

·
Registered
871 Posts
Bro you can go 8.5 on the width and still have to roll the fenders. They might not catch your fenders right away, but they will eventually. I have been rolling on 24x10 for about 37,000 miles on Eibach Pro-kit. I rolled my fenders from day one. I have never had a problem at all.

What is wrong with rolling the fenders? I never understood why people have a hard time with rolling the fenders

·
Registered
8,719 Posts
Bro you can go 8.5 on the width and still have to roll the fenders. They might not catch your fenders right away, but they will eventually. I have been rolling on 24x10 for about 37,000 miles on Eibach Pro-kit. I rolled my fenders from day one. I have never had a problem at all.

What is wrong with rolling the fenders? I never understood why people have a hard time with rolling the fenders
exactly, even though an 8.5" wide wheel may not sit flush with the fender, turning will definately be a problem. Rolling your fenders takes no time at all BTW

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Just saw your last post... If you go with a 9.5, im pretty sure you can get away without having to roll them.

Only a matter of time before sLOWDOHC chimes in to confirm this one though. I think thats what hes running, and I dont think hes having any problems with em rubbing.

-Pat
Im running 24x9, and still caught the fender, and Im not lowered.

Just roll the damn things, and get it over with.:smoke:

·
Registered
831 Posts
i have 24x9.5. they havent hit my fenders yet. i think the v6 sits a little higher in the front though. as far as widths i'd get the 275s with 9.5s or 9s. the narrower rim you get. the more the lip will be protected.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
How are all you guys saying its so easy to roll the fenders? I keep hearing that the tool you need to do it "properly" is like 200-250 bucks. Or you can go with the baseball bat technique, but this can easily be screwed up as well.

What am I missing thats so easy to do about this? Please let me know as I need to roll my back fenders asap! Thanks!

-Pat

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Mine hit the front.

I know 268 has a problem in the rear of his.

When Im more serious about lowering the car, I will then probably buy the tool. Till then its wasted money.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
To me, 255 is way too thin for 9" widths, let alone 9.5 or 10".

Ive also noticed the Wanli 275/25 is quite a bit wider than the Pirelli 275 (like 3/8 -1/2").

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm probably the guy he is reffering to running 24x10's with 255/30/24 khumo tires
I rolled my fenders and no rub at all.
this guy rents the tool for $50, better then forking out $250.
http://www.rollyourfender.com/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yea I hear that those Wanli tires for the 24s are preety good,any body hear anything bout em, I'm thinkin about goin with those and they are cheaper too. Eh Modesto did you drop yours at all or u stock ride height?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
mine is stock but srt8's come lowered already.

·
Registered
871 Posts
i have 24x9.5. they havent hit my fenders yet. i think the v6 sits a little higher in the front though. as far as widths i'd get the 275s with 9.5s or 9s. the narrower rim you get. the more the lip will be protected.
We need a bit more info. Are you dropped? What tire are you running?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts