Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help.

tried on a 22x8.5 rims with 265/35/22 tires. The tires hits the arms. We even added spacers but it didn't work. How do you fix 22's on a charger?

Please elp!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
need help.

tried on a 22x8.5 rims with 265/35/22 tires. The tires hits the arms. We even added spacers but it didn't work. How do you fix 22's on a charger?

Please elp!
First off are the wheels FOR A CHARGER? Because unless your charger is an SRT8 you shouldn't need spacers. Plus I would never use spacers anyways, I dont trust em. My 22s bolted right on no spacers, no clearance issues. Make sure the wheels you are buying are for a charger, otherwise keep shopping. Thats my opinion.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I ordered minbe for my car and they went on no problem, not hitting any bolt.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah hit up a reputable Tire/Wheel store and solve the issue, probably misordered rim, ive even seen a stupid lookin 26 on before.. 22's are a standard staple for the Charger and should NOT have an issue fitting, maybe a little grind off the bolt if its got lots of thread showing but never-the-less should fit.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Check the offset.

For RWD chargers you are going to get wheels that are +20 or below to clear everything... But if you have a AWD charger then your going to need high offset set wheels like +35

Other than that you shouldnt have any problems throwing 22"s on.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Check the offset.

For RWD chargers you are going to get wheels that are +20 or below to clear everything... But if you have a AWD charger then your going to need high offset set wheels like +35

Other than that you shouldnt have any problems throwing 22"s on.
exactly!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
first of all, I would look into doing a 22 x 9.5---simply because you can. Unless you plan on running a staggered set up. I wouldnt run an 8.5" wheel all the way around just because it doesnt seem to fill out all the wheel wells properly. 265/35 fits perfectly on a 9.5" wheel because the tire is allowed to spread out more across a wider surface. On a 8.5" wheel, you are cramming the same amount of tire across a shorter distance, thereby causing it to bubble up more and thus, stand taller. That is probably why you are having clearance issues. If you are dead set on running an 8.5" wheel width, then I would suggest maybe a 255/35 or maybe a 265/30. Im no prfessional with tire sizes, but that seems about right to me.

-Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts