Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rear Continetals have had a good run for about a 1.5 yrs now and with most of my morning journies under our middle east sun and my foot down hard with ESP off, I think they are about to give up... Now I asked about new 225/60/18 Conti's and was qouted $400 per tire ?? :dead:

Today I stopped by a Michlen Dear and asked about the 235/55/18s that are equipped on the Daytona's and R&T Charger R/Ts... And was qouted a more reasonable $160...

Would there be a problem if I install 235/55/18s in the back only and leave the stock 225/60/18s on the front? Or Would HAL jus freak out and go into limp mode?

I know that the guys with staggered setups have different height tires on the front and back, so any problems there?

Jus wana make sure b4 i go ahead and get them done...

Thank you,
Fahad

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping for any info?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Hey bro, i thought that you were gonna replace all 4! maybe replacing the rears only will give a problem, but seeing that some SRT's run 255 in the rears and 245's in the fronts without issues! but its gonna look a little weird... shorter rear tires than front tires!

btw bro did u try looking for some other sizes.. maybe 255/55 or 245/55

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is just a temporery solution, until i get some more cash to replace the front 225s to 4 matching 235s... I want to know if there will be a problem besides it sitting lower at the rear... kinda retarded i know...

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
bro i really dont see how it'll be a problem like i said SRT's with 255/45 and 245/45 have no probs at all! and the difference in size is almost the same!
also bro i'm sure that the combo you mentioned is not as bad as some that i've seen at the dealer, really weird combinations like 225's in the front and 245/45 in the rear.. now that looked retarded, offcourse he also had a 2BD exhaust and rebaged his SE as an R/T lol...
also remeber Nayif was running low profile 285's on his rear rims with 265's in the front iirc without issues

and btw maybe you can take the 225's to the back and put the 235's on the front.. difference in width is only 1cm so it wont look weird + you'll get a kind of raked look...

·
Registered
794 Posts
Now I asked about new 225/60/18 Conti's and was qouted $400 per tire ?? :dead:
For that price, those tires should make your breakfast in the morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.