Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am going to buy a new set of wheels for my 07 Charger R/T Daytona, probably the TIS-12 in 22".

Can any one tell me;

a; If I should go to the added expence of buying a staggered 9.5" front & a 11" Rear?

b; Will a 22"x11" rear with a 285/30 Dunlop SP Sport9000 rub? Is this the best size for a 11" rear?

c; Does anyone have any pics of the TIS-12 wheel on a Charger R/T?

Any advise would be good......

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey sorry I couldnt respond to this earlier.

a) I definitely recommend going staggered, as it is definitely worth the extra expense. I get compliments on my wheels all the time and largely because of the staggered setup im running

b) if you are running a 22 x 11 rear, the best tire size (in terms of most meat without rubbing) is a 295/30. I was told if you go with a 305/30 then you will rub a little bit on the inside plastic of the fender. with the 295/30, i dont rub at all, BUT my sidewall is getting sliced up by the fender lip when i hit big bumps or when I have alot of weight in the car that brings the fender closer to the tire. This problem should be easily remidied with rolling the rear fenders, something ive been meaning to do but havent gotten around to it yet. once they are rolled in, there should be enough clearance for the tire to make it in the fender well, no problem. Then again, might depend on your offest too, so you might get lucky and not have a problem at all.

c) I dont have any pics of that wheel on a Charger, but If you wanna see any more pics of my car with the staggered wheels, take a look at these threads:

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=87737&page=2
There are three pics of my car about middle of the page.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48459
My original thread when I first got the wheels on.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions regarding the wheels.

-Pat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that sublime, the wheels I real want are the D`Vinci Ventos and I want to colour code the black inserts green to color match the car. But if they cant offer me the right size I can always go for the TIS 12s as they come in 22"x9.5 & 22"x11.
Do you know what offsets you are running?
I assume your on 265/35s on the front?
Sorry for all the questions but you know what its like I dont want to order the wrong size!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey sorry, once again I just saw this post now. Next time Im in the car (should be later on today), I will check out my invoice sheet that has the wheel sizes printed on it. Ill let you know the offset as soon as possible after that.

Yes I am running a 265/35 up front. That is probably as close of a size to the rear that you can get on the front. However, when the rear tire stretched across and 11" wide wheel, it doesnt stand as tall as it would on, say a 10.5" wheel. Therefore, your back tire is gonna look slightly smaller (in terms of overall height) than your front, but its really no biggie at all.

Ill keep you posted on the offsets as soon as I can so you can get them wheels ordered right away!

-Pat

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Hey not sure if you are still following this thread or not, but I finally got a chance to check my order form that listed the offsets of my wheels. The fronts (22 x 9.5) are a +18 offset. The backs (22 x 11) are a +12 offset. Just thought Id let you know in case you were still wondering.

-Pat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Pat
Yes i am still watching this tread and thanks for the pictures (you car sure does look nice on those rims).

I will pass the offsets on to my wheel guy to make sure he give me the right size. So with a positive 12 offset and a 295/30 rear I shouldnt rub apart from under full load on the outer edge of the tire against the arch lip.

thanks once again..

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Yep u got it. Try and get those fenders rolled in right away though. I am going to replace my back tires over the winter so I have some fresh ones come next spring/summer. I guess its really a piece of cake to do, see if whoever puts them on for you can roll them.

I guess I should throw out the precautionary comment of different companies make different size tires, despite saying the same size on the sidewall. For example, Nitto's 295/30 might not be as big as Pirelli's. Im just trying to cover myself in case you get some other tire on there and its rubbin. But even still the difference should be so minimal that it would take an extremely minor fix to get things going right.

Also, if you are new to the Charger wheels thing, I should caution you about a common misconception when it comes to putting wheels on these cars that are wider than stock. When the car is jacked up or on a lift and the wheels are allowed to hang, if you put the new wheels on in back and they appear to be rubbing the inner plastic, DONT WORRY. When you set the car down and the suspension levels out to where it rides at, the tires fit in to their rotating pattern and dont rub on anything. So if you or the guy goes to bolt them up and they appear to be rubbing the inner fender, dont worry! Itll be fine, trust me.

Any other questions, by all means ask!

-Pat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Pat, I read on another thread about a lifted cars wheels will rub the arch, but when sitting on the floor is fine.
Once again thanks for your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts