Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so that wheel replica site that i keep seein floating around has brought the Viper wheels to my attention :bigthumb:. I did a little research here and there on here and it seems you guys are even fitting 22's. But my question is, will a 285/40 tire fit on the bak of a RT without issue:confused:? It isnt lowered yet, but will be, assuming the Eibach Springs. Ill get a camber kit as well and im sure that will assist if it is close. But any feed back is awsome guys :bowdown: and photos would even be cooler. Thanks :rocker:

·
Registered
854 Posts
I would go with whatever wheel/tire combo Factory Reproductions is running at the current time. I believe it is 275/40/20s and you can do that without issues, numerous guys on the forums do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well dude thanks for the response. The guy at the place said that its a +18 offset and he hadnt heard any problems as of yet. So im going to go for it. Thanks for your input it was taken very seriously.
:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
not sure if the RT's with vipers are that different from a srt on vipers, but i know someone running 315's in the rear and 275's up front

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have any R/T and run 275/40/20 in front and 315/35/20 in back on staggered vipers. My car is not lowered

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure as well, but, i know that the Corvette C6 and the Vette c6 zo6 have total differant offsets and widths they can fit. So even though they are similar cars and body, take totally different shoes and rubber.. So same concept may possibly apply i guess is what im getting at.

Anyone that has tried that on a RT? 315's? I know a 10inch rim can fit hella fat tires on them so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I am thinking about lowering my car. I was going to check with a shop to see if there would be issues

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey man, if you could maybe try and keep me in mind when you do that, like i know its hard to be like o hey gotta PM that dude on the forum, but i would really like to know cuz thats a sick set up bro. You have any pics of your stance and a ass shot of that girl by chance?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
is this the look your after but with VIPER'S "wicked"

that just has a lowered front, the rims won't make that much of a difference

however, the Vipers WILL give it that mean "squatted" look because of the offset it has

Here's a comparison- the middle car (mine) is stock SRT's with 295's. the same car in the pics above is to the right of it with Vipers and 305's (so the tires themselves are not that noticeably different)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I run 20x9 in front with 245/45 and 20x10 Vipers in teh back with 275/40 Toyo Proxes 4's. There is plenty of room to lower the vehicle....you just can't raise it. When mine was on the lift getting new tires, they rubbed the inner skirt, but when we put it back down, it was just fine. The backspacing is more then enough for 285 or 305's. Heck, with BT's spacers you can go even wider.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, that orange one is pretty looking. Does that have coilovers just on the front? Or did someone just install the lowering springs on the front? I kind of like that look, maybe even with the rear half a inch lower it would be on point.

I think i am going to try and fit 285's and then move up each size as i need new tires till they dont fit anymore. Thanks for all the feed back and once you guys started adding the photos it was really helpful.

So i do have one question. If someone can fit 305's n 315's on a SRT, can that also be said for a RT? Or is there a differance in the rear end on those cars even though they are both obviously charger shells n chassic's?

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can run 315/35-20 on the rear. A few people have done it, even lowered. You'll probably have to roll the fenders. Talk to HEMISSARY (I think that's his name on here and LX). He did it on his Magnum. Also, I'm pretty sure that there is no difference in the rear between the SRT and RT. I'm 20s instead of 22s specifically so I can run 315s in the rear. Here are a couple of photos I saved of 315s in the rear:

-Brent

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dude that looks sic. Thanks so much for taking the time to put those photos up.

So it says your running 315's on 20's. Did you lower your car or roll your fenders? One option i have been thinking about is just lowering the front of the car.

·
Registered
200 Posts
dude that looks sic. Thanks so much for taking the time to put those photos up.

So it says your running 315's on 20's. Did you lower your car or roll your fenders? One option i have been thinking about is just lowering the front of the car.
Sorry about that, I meant I'm going to 315/35-20s. My car is lowered with Eibach Pro Kit coils. If you lower just the front, it will look like crap. If you don't want to go as low as the Eibachs (which settle at about 2" of drop all the way around), you can go with the Mopar kit or get some stock SRT coils.

-Brent

1 - 18 of 18 Posts