Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why would 20X10's not fit in rear is what im being told on american racing killer black model. I have an 06 RT RWD just cant imagine why it woldnt fit?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I have an 07 R/T and I just put 20x10s on the back and they fit fine

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you not sure why they are saying they wont fit, I'll keep trying thanks again.

I have an 07 R/T and I just put 20x10s on the back and they fit fine

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes different wheel makers have different offsets on their wheels. Wheels for all wheel drive chargers won't fit RWD and vice versa because of offset.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All makes sense but the prolem here is these are rims specifically made for RWD not AWD and the only catch is they are 20X10. Our RWD RT's are ranged from 10 mm to I believe like 25mm or so, so 15MM 20X10's should not be a problem, I more wanted to know if anyone else has had this particular problem. When I shop for the rims I am inputting the make model and the rims I pull up work it is just that when I call the company direct (another company) who will beat the price tells me it wont fit, and I wonder if they just cant beat the price so they are telling me that.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
20x10 will fit unless its an extreme offset. it will be close on the camber bolt depending on the tires, but ive had three diffarent sets all fit fine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are your current rims staggered if so what are they wrapped with?

20x10 will fit unless its an extreme offset. it will be close on the camber bolt depending on the tires, but ive had three diffarent sets all fit fine.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
12,630 Posts
RWD need a +12-+18 offset.

I'd say you have the wrong offset. Maybe try spacers.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I'm currently running Foose Nitrous 20x10 +15 offset (5x115 bolt pattern) in the rear with absolutely no problems whatsoever. They're wrapped in Nitto 420s 285/40.

I definitely wouldn't run a 5x114.3 bolt pattern

Unfortunately I've heard they don't make the 20x10 anymore, only the 20x8.5

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Did you happen to lower your car after install. I am leanong towards viper wheels but noticed on a car it seemed a bit high wheel well area. I have an RT not R& T package so not sure what all I would need to switch up to lower vehicle just a tad not extrme.

I'm currently running Foose Nitrous 20x10 +15 offset (5x115 bolt pattern) in the rear with absolutely no problems whatsoever. They're wrapped in Nitto 420s 285/40.

I definitely wouldn't run a 5x114.3 bolt pattern

Unfortunately I've heard they don't make the 20x10 anymore, only the 20x8.5

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Did you happen to lower your car after install. I am leanong towards viper wheels but noticed on a car it seemed a bit high wheel well area. I have an RT not R& T package so not sure what all I would need to switch up to lower vehicle just a tad not extrme.
I've put the SRT suspension on, but plan on getting the KW V2's and eliminate all of the wheel gap. I've seen it done plenty of times with no issues at all, well you might have to roll your fenders if you go really low.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
that killer wheel does look pretty good, i like em and i have 22X10s with no problems whatsoever

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YOUr car dont look bad on srt suspension is it onlu shocks and springs, do you necessarily have to switch out the shocks or tdo the RT ones work? HOw much were they, and how much drop would you say you have left to cover all wheel well, or are you happy the way they are now?

I've put the SRT suspension on, but plan on getting the KW V2's and eliminate all of the wheel gap. I've seen it done plenty of times with no issues at all, well you might have to roll your fenders if you go really low.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
YOUr car dont look bad on srt suspension is it onlu shocks and springs, do you necessarily have to switch out the shocks or tdo the RT ones work? HOw much were they, and how much drop would you say you have left to cover all wheel well, or are you happy the way they are now?
If you have the base R/T I believe you can just swap out the springs. I've got the R&T package so I had to do both shocks and springs. There's probably 1.5" of space between the fender and top of tire, so I want to drop it down slightly over an 1" more. My biggest thing is I want the coilovers for better handling. The look I gain from the extra drop is just icing on the cake for me.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OH ok so R& T package does not have right shocks needed for even switch? IM confused I guess, I have the proper shocks just need to change springs? a sin my shocks on a stock RT Hemi are same as SRT shocks? Was their a noticeable drop from what you had on your R&T package and what you have now with the SRT springs and shocks?

If you have the base R/T I believe you can just swap out the springs. I've got the R&T package so I had to do both shocks and springs. There's probably 1.5" of space between the fender and top of tire, so I want to drop it down slightly over an 1" more. My biggest thing is I want the coilovers for better handling. The look I gain from the extra drop is just icing on the cake for me.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts