Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying some rims to set off the appearance of my car. but i have a question. do the 20's give a better ride at high speeds then 22's? i am asking because the mechanic at the dealer told me that the 22's at high speed make the car handle rough in turns and causes the car to vibrate. so he took me i should go with 20's. can someone help me out on this?:confused:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I hit 130+ mph on my way back from SEMA in vegas and I am running 22's on my car. no problems, shakes, or anything... just make sure that whatever you get is balanced correctly and you should be fine!
I am thinking of buying some rims to set off the appearance of my car. but i have a question. do the 20's give a better ride at high speeds then 22's? i am asking because the mechanic at the dealer told me that the 22's at high speed make the car handle rough in turns and causes the car to vibrate. so he took me i should go with 20's. can someone help me out on this?:confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hit 120 mph with my 22s and I didn't have any problems. Also, if your gonna get rims, you might as well make them look right. 22s fit perfectly. Not too big and not too small. Personally I think 20s look too small, but if you want them, then you gotta do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Personally I would go with the 20' over the 22'. There is a weight difference even with a properly balance wheels. It comes down to looks over performance. Remember 22' means less rubber but looks greats when cruising back and forth to the strip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts